In this section you will read about new agribusiness projects the county is helping facilitate on behalf of local agriculture. We'll also provide links to other resources that offer specific, practical information for improving your farm business.
- Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA): The WSDA carries out more than 25 district programs that support the agricultural community and promote consumer and environmental protection. WSDA is headquartered in Olympia with program offices located in Yakima and a number of other communities in eastern and western Washington.
- Snohomish County Growers Alliance (SCGA): The SCGA is a farmer-led organization focused on expanding economic opportunities for farmers through education, advocacy and creating direct consumer connections.
- Northwest Agriculture Business Center (NABC): The NABC provides practical business support for agricultural enterprises within Snohomish, Skagit Island, San Juan, and Whatcom Counties including enterprise assessment, financial planning and resources, business plan development, direct and regional marketing strategies, technical production assistance, consultant research and referrals, inter-county resource access, and agritourism and niche market support.
- American Farmland Trust: A link to the website of American Farmland Trust, a national organization dedicated to preserving farmlands and advocating for farmers throughout the United States. The website features up-to-the-minute news on important farm legislation and political activities in every state. Their latest newsletter is available online.
- Seattle Tilth: The Cascade Harvest Coalition has merged with Seattle Tilth, and now we work to build capacity to effectively address issues affecting the health and viability of the food and farm system in Washington. Through our programs and services, we work collaboratively with others in the community to address the critical issues of farm viability, farm transition, farmer education, farm product marketing, consumer education and community development. We work to build bridges between the farming and non-farming communities.
- Snohomish Conservation District (SCD): An indispensable resource for local agriculture, the SCD provides technical assistance and farm plans that address Natural Resource issues, land-use practices and regulatory issues on farmlands.
- Incentives and Compensation Available for Riparian Buffers on Farmlands through Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Agricultural Marketing Services: This site identifies marketing opportunities in each state, provides analysis to help take advantage of those opportunities, and develops and evaluates solutions, including improving farmers markets and other direct-to-consumer marketing activities.
- USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service: View census data collected from farm and ranch operators.
- Washington State University (WSU) / Extension Agricultural Program: This familiar local resource provides farm production information, consumer information, marketing reports, and other invaluable information and assistance to local growers.
- Online Classified Ads for Acreage, Farm Equipment and Help Wanted: Link to Tilth Producers' website which now features online classified advertising for farmlands, equipment, seeds, supplies, and much more.