- Upcoming -- Autumn 2016: Snohomish County expects to issue a Draft Environmental Impact Statement on the Point Wells redevelopment proposal.
- June 20, 2016: Snohomish County began updating this website on a regular basis (after approximately 3 years of no updates).
Point Wells is a lowland extending into Puget Sound with a proposal by Blue Square Real Estate to redevelop the current industrial uses into 3,081 condominiums plus amenities such as restaurants and public beach access. It is at the extreme southwest corner of Snohomish County, with access to the site from Richmond Beach Drive. Redevelopment would take place in four phases. Each phase would have a single underground parking garage with multiple buildings on top. The image below is from the project application and gives a sense of the overall layout. The total property area is approximately 61 acres, of which 16 acres are tidelands that will remain largely undisturbed and 45 acres are proposed for the redevelopment.
Snohomish County is working with a team of consultants on an Environmental Impact Statement, or EIS, for the redevelopment project. This EIS will evaluate things like traffic impacts, landslide risks, noise, and fiscal impacts from the project on local governments. There will be a Draft EIS (DEIS) published first. Snohomish County will invite the public and various agencies to comment on the DEIS during a formal 45-day comment period after publication. We expect the DEIS to be published in autumn 2016. If you would like notification of publication, please send an email to email@example.com and request to be a “party-of-record” for Point Wells.
Past Milestones Status
- April 12, 2013: The County completed the first review comments.
- January 7, 2013: Washington State Appeals reversed the ruling that the Point Wells urban center development application was not vested to the Snohomish County codes and ordinances in effect at the time that BSRE (applicant) made application for urban center permits. The judge dismissed the November 2011 injunction barring Snohomish County from processing the urban center application.
- March 4, 2011: Blue Square Real Estate submits three permit applications. Permit 11-101457 LU is a Land Use permit for the proposed urban center site plan. Related to this are 11-101461 SM (a Shoreline Management permit for work in the area regulated under the Snohomish County Shoreline Management Program) and 11-101464 RC (a permit for retaining walls in the slope on the east side of the railroad tracks). Approval for these permits depend on completion of an Environmental Impact Statement.
- February 14, 2011: Blue Square Real Estate submits two applications. Permit 11-101007 SP is a Short Plat application that would revise parcels lines on the site to reflect the proposed phasing. The second permit, 11-101008 LDA, is a Land Disturbing Activity permit that would address grading and other site work to prepare for construction. Approval for both permits depend on completion of an Environmental Impact Statement.
Submittal Documents - Applications, Plans, Reports and other documents.
Project Numbers: 11-101457 LU; 11-101461 SM; 11-101007 SP; 11-101008 LDA; 11-101464 RC
Environmental Review Documents
Determination of Significance and Request for Comments on Scope of EIS
Second DS and Request for Comments on Scope of EIS
Agency, Organization and Public Comments (Updated 10-04-11)
Urban Center Information
Current Snohomish County Code - 30.34
Applicable Snohomish County Code - Urban Center Ordinance 09-079
Urban Center Application Materials
Point Wells Developer’s Website
City of Shoreline Point Wells Website
Locate the ProjectPoint Wells in Google Maps
Submit Comments or Become a Party of Record
To submit comments or become a Party of Record for Point Wells, send a letter or an email to Ryan Countryman and include the project file number, project name, and your name and address. Read more about what it means to be a Party of Record.
Nothing Scheduled at this time.