Public Records

Snohomish provides public records in compliance with applicable laws. You can find some county public records on this website at no cost. Review the list below for available records.
 Use the Public Request Portal to request records.
Note: under Washington law, the County Clerk’s Office, as part of the judiciary, is not subject to the Public Records Act (the “PRA”), Chapter 42.56 of the Revised Code of Washington (“RCW”).  Please see Nast v. Michels (107 Wn.2d 300, 308, 730 P.2d 54 (1986) and City of Federal Way v. Koenig, 16 Wn. 2d 341, 217 P. 3d 1172, 1174 (2009).
  1.  Commonly Requested Records
    Record or Information Information Available  Department or Agency
    Accident Reports: Vehicles Online                       WA State Patrol

    (360) 570-2355

    Animal Control Online Auditor 

    (425) 388-3440 

    Birth certificates 
    Washington State birth records from 1907 to present                           Snohomish Health District

    (425) 339-5280

    Building Applications/Permits Permitting Snohomish County Planning & Development Services

    (425) 388-3311

    Code Enforcement  Online Snohomish County Planning & Development Services 

    (425) 388-3557 

    County Code and Charter  Online  Snohomish County Council (425) 388-3494
    Criminal History Records (Background Check) Online Washington State Patrol

    (360) 534-2000

    Snohomish County Death Certificates   Snohomish Health District, or see local health departments statewide.  Snohomish Health District 

    (425) 339-5280 

    Outside of Snohomish County Death Certificates   Center for Health Statistics   Washington State Department of Health  

    (360) 236-4300  

    District Court Documents Online District Court

    (425) 388-3910

    Divorce Decrees in Snohomish County Online Superior Court

    (425) 388-3466

    Divorce Decrees outside of Snohomish County Availability varies Washington State Department of Health  

    (360) 236-4300

    Interactive Maps  Online Maps and GIS Services (425) 388-3349 
    Jail Roster  Online Corrections Bureau  (425) 388-3395
    Job Descriptions Online Human Resources (425) 388-3411
    Job Openings  Online Human Resources (425) 388-3411
    Marriage Information Online Auditor (425) 388-3483 
    Marriage Records Online  Auditor (425) 388-3483
    Military Discharge Papers (DD214)  Not available online Auditor
    (425) 388-3483
    Name Change Documents Online District Court (425) 388-3331
    Neighborhood Crime Data Online Sheriff (425) 388-3393 
    Police or Sheriff Report Online Sheriff (425) 388-3393
    Property Tax Assessment Online Assessor (425) 388-3433
    Recorded Documents Online Auditor (425) 388-3483
    Requests for Proposals (RFPs) Online Finance: Purchasing (425) 388-3344
    Social Media OnlinePublic Records (425) 388-5003 
    Superior Court Case Calendar Online Superior Court Clerk (425) 388-3466 
    Superior Court Documents  Online Superior Court Clerk (425) 388-3466
    Tax Foreclosures  Online Treasurer (425) 388-3366  
    Traffic Complaint Form  Online Sheriff (425) 388-3393