An Open House was held on Wednesday, June 17 at Odyssey Elementary School from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Snohomish County is in the early stage of planning improvements for the Ash Way corridor between the Admiralty Way-Gibson Road intersection and the 18th Avenue W roundabout. The corridor is an important north-south route to and from Interstate 5, 164th Street SW, and the park-and-ride lot near 164th Street SW.
Some of the improvements being considered include:
• Widening Ash Way from two to three lanes
• Improving access to transit
• Adding sidewalks, walkways and/or bicycle lanes for non-motorized transportation alternatives
• Improving intersections throughout the corridor including the installation of roundabouts or signals
• Adding a stormwater treatment facilities
A preliminary design report for the Ash Way corridor is expected to be completed by late summer 2015 and the design of the project will continue in the upcoming years. Construction is currently expected to occur in phases to address key sections of the corridor and may begin as early as 2017.