Each year, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office, Fire District 1, and the Fire Marshal's Office receive more than 650 firework-related calls in July.

Be a good neighbor. Here are some tips on how to celebrate this 4th of July safely and legally in Snohomish County.

What You Can Do

  • Call 425-407-3999 to report the illegal discharge of fireworks (please do not call 911 unless there is an immediate threat to life or property). 
  • Only discharge fireworks in unincorporated Snohomish County on July 4 from 9 AM to 11:59 PM. Nowhere is it legal in unincorporated Snohomish County to discharge fireworks on New Year's Eve.
What you can't do
  • Discharge fireworks in Edmonds, Everett, Gold Bar, Lynnwood, Mill Creek, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo, and Woodway.
  • Discharge fireworks in any Washington State Park or Snohomish County Park
  • Discharge fireworks on federal land, including those managed by the Department of Natural Resources and the U.S. Forest Service.
  • Discharge fireworks on public property, public streets, sidewalks, parking lots, or school property.
  • Discharge fireworks on private property without permission, and to discharge fireworks from private property onto public property.
  • Discharge fireworks before or after the Fourth of July. Fireworks are always illegal in unincorporated Snohomish County before and after the Fourth of July.
  • Possess or discharge illegal fireworks. Firecrackers, rockets, rockets, M-80s, dynamite, and all homemade fireworks are all illegal.

Fireworks Discharge Map

Fireworks map thumbnail