Insurance for Construction Permits

Proof of Insurance
Follow these instructions if you are applying for a right of way permit with Planning and Development Right of Way. Proof of insurance is processed through Risk Management.
Insurance for Right of Way
Insurance for Right of Way traffic permits (for landscaping, retaining walls, or temporary non-constructed structures in the county right of way) are processed through Public Works Right of Way. Contact Public Works Right of Way at 425-388-6453 for information.

Certificates should show the following information:
  1. Primary Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence coverage.
  2. Primary commercial automobile insurance for any auto with a minimum of $1,000,000 combined single limit per accident coverage.
  3. Snohomish County, its officers, elected officials, agents, and employees named as an Additional Insured by Endorsement, including Completed Operations.
  4. The insurance will not be reduced or canceled without 30 calendar days’ written notice to the county.
Additional Information
CGL deductibles are considered by Risk Management on a case-by-case basis.
Contractors shall ensure that each subcontractor obtains the same insurance coverage and limits naming Snohomish County as an additional insured. Risk Management may request a copy of your entire policy. The certificate should contain the project/permit tracking number.

Do not submit your insurance documentation to Planning and Development Services or the Right of Way Division. Documentation should be sent to the address, email, or fax listed to the right.