Injured Employee

If you are injured on the job, follow the steps below:
  1. Report your injury to your supervisor within 24 hours.
  2. Your supervisor will give you a Supervisor Accident / Incident Report Form to fill out, sign and mail to the Safety Office M/S 610: The Supervisor Accident / Incident Report. This form is required whether or not you seek medical attention and requires the appropriate signatures noted at the bottom of the form. You have one year from the date of injury to seek medical attention and file an Industrial Insurance claim.
  3. If you need to see a doctor for an on-the-job injury, obtain a workers’ compensation packet from your supervisor. This packet contains a Physician’s Initial Report which should be given to your doctor on your initial visit. This form documents the start of your medical treatment and initiates billing through our workers’ compensation program.
  4. The workers’ compensation packet will have instructions on processing your claim including information on time loss, medical documentation, light duty, etc.
  5. While you have an open workers’ compensation claim, your doctor should document your progress at least every 30 days.