Eagle Scout Candidate Information
Due to staffing shortages, the Eagle Scout Project program is temporarily on hold. We anticipate resuming the program late September or mid-October 2023 when the Recreation Supervisor position is filled. Please check back then.
Snohomish County Parks and Recreation would love to work with you to create and complete your Eagle Scout Project.
- Eagle Scout Projects support Parks and Recreation initiatives and our region work plans.
- You as an Eagle Scout Candidate make a difference.
- We expect you as the Eagle Scout Candidate to take the initiative and communicate with Snohomish County Parks a minimum of 120 days before the project completion goal - so start planning early.
- While some degree of parental / guardian involvement is expected, initial contact should be initiated by the candidate himself.
- We are looking forward to your initiative, follow through, and completion of this very important step in becoming an Eagle Scout.
Note: Applications for new projects are not accepted during the months of May - August, however, approved projects can be completed at any time of the year.
To accomplish this you will:
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 425-275-1117 or by email to discuss general project concepts. Parks and Recreation maintains a short illustrative list of possible projects which may help you narrow your list.
- Concurrent to submitting your Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, No. 512-927 to your Eagle Review Board (Unit, District and / or Council Reviewer), review and submit the Snohomish County Eagle Scout project application (PDF).
- Register as a volunteer with Snohomish County Parks and Recreation.
- Be responsible for planning, directing, and following the project through to completion. You may be asked to do fundraising to secure materials to carry out the agreed upon project.
- Follow the guidelines for leading a Parks and Recreation volunteer projects.
For more information contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 425-275-1117 mailto:email@example.com .