Snohomish County Parks has a number of existing and planned athletic fields that meet nearly all levels of needs and play.
Clubs and Teams. To reserve re-occurring volleyball court or ballfield, download the Athletic Field Scheduling Guide and submit a fully-completed Athletic Field Use Application. Contact 425-388-6600 if you have questions or need assistance. Single-use volleyball court rentals at Willis Tucker Park can now be reserved online (see Volleyball Courts below).
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. All field users must submit a complete application, regardless if they are new or returning from a previous year.
Sand volleyball courts at Willis Tucker Park are available for use Spring through Fall. Nets are normally put out the beginning of April and taken down soon after Labor Day. To properly adjust the net height, please watch this YouTube video. All users should be familiar with, and abide by, the volleyball court rules found on our Rules, Policies, and Regulations page. Courts can be used for free on a drop-in, first-come, first-serve basis if they are not reserved. If you choose to reserve them, the method for doing so depends on whether they are for incidental single-use or organized, non-incidental use.
INCIDENTAL USE (informal)
Incidental use are party events (e.g.: family or company picnic), or scrimmage with friends. These are informal, spontaneous, and unadvertised events with no officials present. In other words, "sand lot" or "backyard" games among friends. To ensure a more equitable use of facilities, no more than two reservations (1 net for 4 hrs. or 2 nets for 2 hrs.) can be made per day.
Reservations for incidental single-use nets can be made online by clicking on the "Reserve Now" icon. Before doing so, keep in mind the following:
- Each net is rented individually, in 2-hour blocks, starting at 8:00 am. Sorry, no odd-numbered start or stop times
- Reservations can be made no more than 7 days in advance and no less than 4 hours prior to rental time
- Volleyball net rentals do not include picnic shelters. Shelters can be reserved (separately) here Non-Incidental Use .
- The Call Center is available if you need assistance setting up your account, but they cannot check availability or take volleyball net reservations. They can be reached M-F, 8:30 am-4:30 pm at 425-388-6600
- Bring your reservation paperwork with you to assist in any disputes
- Volleyball net reservations are final. No changes or cancellation refunds
NON-INCIDENTAL USE (organized)
Non-incidental use refers to business and/or commercial use of the courts. This includes, but is not limited to, leagues, teams, clubs, coaching/clinics, and tournaments. A permit is required for this type of use.
Reservation permits for non-incidental use must be booked through the Parks Administration office. If you are hosting a tournament, please complete a Special Event application. For all other non-incidental use permits, please complete the application form found in the Athletic Field Scheduling Guide. Contact 425-388-6600 if you need assistance. Prior to booking nets for non-incidental use, keep in mind the following:
- Reservations can be booked more than 7 days in advance
- Application deadline for reservations is the third Friday in February
- Priority is based upon same criteria as ballfields.
- Insurance with endorsement is required
- Unless specified in the permit, shelters are not included
- The signed Approved permit must be presented if/when requested by Park Staff
Gender Equity - Fair Play in Community Sports; Washington State Senate Bill 5967 law requires the county to ensure equal access to sports facilities for all athletes, regardless of sex. In other words, a third party receiving a lease or permit from the county for a community athletics program may not discriminate against any person on the basis of sex in the operation, conduct, or administration of community athletics programs for youth or adults.
Furthermore, there shall be no discrimination against any person or applicant because of sex, age, creed, national origin, or marital status, sexual preference, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical handicap.
No person shall be denied, or subjected to discrimination, in the operation, conduct, or administration of community athletics programs or activities made possible by or resulting from this permit on the grounds of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, or age, except minimum age and retirement provisions, marital status, sexual preference, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical handicap.
Any violation of this provision shall be considered a violation of a material provision of the permit and shall be grounds for cancellation, termination, or suspension in whole or in part, of the permit by Snohomish County and may result in ineligibility for further county permits. The Permittee shall comply with all applicable anti-discrimination and affirmative action ordinances, laws, and statutes.
For information regarding Snohomish County Parks and Recreation Gender Equity and Non-Discrimination responsibility and compliance, please call 425-388-6600 or mail your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.