Planning & Development Services is operating under Washington State's "Washington Ready" plan. Snohomish County has returned to usual capacity and operations. Building inspectors will follow state and local health guidelines for construction activity.
Planning and Development Services handles inspections of permits for unincorporated Snohomish County issued for the following activities:
- Commercial structures
- Residential / single-family housing
- Plumbing systems
- Fire systems
- Grading and infrastructure, land development construction, road improvements, utility construction in the public road right-of-way, etc.
Helpful Inspection Information
- Inspection Process: Once your building permit is issued, use the inspection record you received at permit issuance to be your guide to inspection scheduling. Remember to keep the permit, inspection record, and all required documentation on-site and available for all inspections, including full-sized approved plans.
- Schedule an Inspection Online at MyBuildingPermit.com (MBP)
Please Note: All conditions must be met and all outstanding fees must be paid before you can schedule a final inspection on a Residential Building Permit. For example, associated Land Disturbing Activity (LDA), Driveway/Access/Culvert (D1), Trail (D4), Fire Systems (FSYS), and Flood Hazard (FH/FHZ) permits must be completed before you can receive final approval on a Residential Building Permit. For Commercial Building Permits, refer to the conditions on your permit.
- Contact your Inspector
- Inspection Status is available online at MBP under Today's Inspections.
- Inspection Status Results Defined
- If you need additional assistance, please call 425-388-3311 to talk to a staff member.
- Assistance Bulletins
- Construction Tip Sheets
- Inspection Checklists
- Labor and Industries (electrical)
- Apply Online at Mybuildingpermit.com (permits / inspections)
- Snohomish Health District (wells, septic)