Solid Waste Advisory Committee
- Time: 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Dates and Comp Plan discussion items:
- January 26, 2021: Appendix D (waste quantities) and glossary. Access the Agenda
- February 23, 2021: Waste collection, transfer, energy from waste, and disposal
- March 30, 2021: Waste prevention, recycling, organics, CROP Plan
- April 27, 2021: Climate change, administration, outreach, and MRW plan
- May 25, 2021: Volume 1
- June 29, 2021: TBD
- Additional meetings will be scheduled approximately every other month
- Contact: Jo-Anne Antoun at (425) 388-6489 or email at Jo-Anne.Antoun@snoco.org
- Online Microsoft Team meetings. Contact me at least one week prior to scheduled meetings to request a meeting login
- Public comments can be submitted to the contact email above, no later than one week prior to the meeting -- Place 'SWAC Meeting Comments' in subject line
- Number of Current Openings:
- Five Openings, each representing the unincorporated area of one of the five county council districts
- Twelve Openings, representing the following cities (Monroe, Darrington, Gold Bar, Index, Lake Stevens, Mill Creek, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo, Snohomish, Stanwood, Sultan, Woodway)
- The members shall be recommended by the executive and appointed by the county council
- The executive shall recommend candidates representing a spectrum of citizens, public interest groups and businesses
- Opening Date: Open continuous
- Type of Board: Regular
- Application Requirements: Resume, Snohomish County Boards and Commissions Form, Solid Waste form.
- Where to Apply:
- County Executive Office
3000 Rockefeller Avenue, M/S 407
Everett, WA 98201
- County Executive Office
General Description of Board Duties
Snohomish County Code Chapter 7.34. The Snohomish County Solid Waste Advisory Committee is established, to be comprised of a county-wide group of representatives of municipalities, citizens, and industry, to assist in the development of programs and policies concerning solid waste handling and disposal and to review and comment upon proposed rules, policies, or ordinances prior to their adoption.
The committee shall:
- Coordinate the exchange of information on solid waste and resource recovery issues between Snohomish County and the municipalities, citizens and industries of Snohomish County.
- Provide policy recommendations to Snohomish county on solid waste and resource recovery issues which reflect both the needs and most appropriate use of resources of the citizens of Snohomish County that meet the requirements of safe, cost effective and environmentally acceptable solid waste disposal and recovery.
- Review and provide comments on plans prepared by the Solid Waste Division of the Snohomish County Department of Public Works for implementing features of the solid waste management program, including disposal and recovery operations.
Qualifications & Restrictions
- Candidates shall be residents of Snohomish County or firms licensed to do business in Snohomish County.
- Length of Term: Two years