Office of Energy & Sustainability
Snohomish County's Office of Energy & Sustainability (OES) works to conserve natural resources, reduce our climate impact, and facilitate environmental stewardship. OES partners with departments across County government and in the community to develop innovative programs and policies to actively address environmental challenges.
Executive Order 13-48A (PDF) demonstrates the County's commitment to achieving a 20% reduction greenhouse gas emissions from County operations by the year 2020, as compared to the year 2000 baseline emissions.
Choose the Planet!
Join the EnviroStars Challenge!
Businesses that register and receive EnviroStars recognition by March 31, 2019 will be included in the promotional marketing package!
- Your business will be invited to the County's Earth Day Event on Tuesday 4/23 for a special recognition ceremony.
- Your business will be recognized through social media posts by Snohomish County, Snohomish PUD, and the City of Edmonds during April/May (12 social media posts in total).
- Your business will be recognized on KSER radio station eight times during April/May.
Visit this link to learn about the benefits of participating, program overview, and FAQs.
Questions? Contact Lisa Dulude using the Contact Us information on the right hand side-bar.
- On February 20, 2019 Snohomish County passed a Joint Resolution committing to 100% clean electricity by 2030 and 100% clean energy by 2045. Read the Joint Resolution!
- If you haven't seen these yet, check-out the latest impressive results from our Savvy Septic Program and Energy Smart Loan Program - programs for people and our planet!
- Snohomish County joined the Puget Sound Climate Preparedness Collaborative! Learn more by visiting this link.
- Snohomish County has a new Puget Sound Initiative! Visit the Puget Sound Initiative Website to learn more.