2018 Focus on FARMING will feature 24 great workshop classes, with six industry tracks, presented by some of the top experts in the country.
Track A: Building Together: New Farmers, Strong Businesses
- Session 1: Transferring Our Knowledge to Support the Next Generation
- Session 2: The Farm to Farmer Project: Start-up to Succession Planning
- Session 3: An Introduction to WA Farmlink's New Website
- Session 4: NW Credit Services: Supporting Your Financing Needs
Track B: Livestock and Technology
- Session 1: Milk, Beer and Lemonade
- Session 2: TBD
- Session 3: TBD
- Session 4: Poultry Processing Technology for Small-Scale Farms
Track C: Business of Farming
- Session 1: Is the Local Food Movement Dead?
- Session 2: USDA-VAPD: Supporting Farm Businesses and Value Added Product Development
- Session 3: Latino Farming Business Empowerment
- Session 4: Wholesale Connections for Small and Large Farms
Track D: AgBiz Logic
- Session 1: AgBiz Logic Overview
- Session 2: AgBizProfit
- Session 3: AgBizLease and AgBizFinance
- Session 4: AgBizClimate
Track E: Hot Topics
- Session 1: Potato and Tomato Diseases in Western WA: Biology and Control
- Session 2: Battles of the Brassicas: Common Brassica Dieases in Western WA
- Session 3: Intro to Dry Farming Vegetable Crops in the Maritime
- Session 4: Site Suitability for Dry Farming Vegetable Crops: Not All Sites are Created Equal!
Track F: Food Safety/Ag Technology
- Session 1: FSMA: What to Expect from Produce Inspections
- Session 2: Selling Animal Products: Meat, Poultry, Dairy and Eggs
- Session 3: There’s an App for That!
- Session 4: Drone Technology on the Farm