Deferred Compensation

Effective April 1, 2021, you can enroll or make changes to your Deferred Compensation account with Nationwide, online! Log in to your account and update contributions, update beneficiaries, review investments, and use the retirement tools. Paper forms will no longer be used and please allow up to two pay periods for your contribution changes to take effect.

Note: if you would like to make a special catch-up contribution OR if it is a final payout with an increased contribution, please see the Special Circumstances below. 

The County offers voluntary Deferred Compensation 457(b) plans administered by Nationwide to regular employees who are employed for 20 or more hours per week. A 457(b) Deferred Compensation plan is a retirement plan, created to serve governmental employees.

IRS Contribution Limits

Understanding IRS contribution limits is important, especially when your goal is to contribute the maximum to your account. Even if you can’t do the max, consider increasing your contribution a little each year to potentially move closer to your retirement goals. Review the annual contribution limits.

Deferred Compensation Resources

Deferred Compensation Matching Contribution

Most regular employees who are employed for 20 or more hours per week are eligible to receive a matching contribution made by the County. Review the Deferred Compensation Matching Contribution Summary (PDF) to learn more.

Enrollment & Changes

To make changes, log in to your account and change your contributions. For a special catch-up contribution or if it is a final payout with an increased contribution, contact HR directly for assistance.

Special Circumstances

While most contribution changes can be made online there are two circumstances that require forms:

  • For a special catch-up contribution (for employees within three years of declared normal retirement age), please consult with the Account Representative, Mike Ferguson, as an approval form is required, or 509-385-7825.
  • For final payouts with an increased contribution, please contact HR directly for assistance.

Name/Address/Beneficiary Changes 

Create an account online or submit the Name/Address/Beneficiary Update Form (PDF) directly to Nationwide as directed on the form.

Schedule an Appointment

Schedule a one on one appointment with our Nationwide Retirement Specialist Mike Ferguson to learn more. Email Mike Ferguson for appointment information.