Note: if you would like to make a special catch-up contribution OR if it is a final payout with an increased contribution, please see the Special Circumstances below.
The County offers voluntary Deferred Compensation 457(b) plans administered by Nationwide to regular employees who are employed for 20 or more hours per week. A 457(b) Deferred Compensation plan is a retirement plan, created to serve governmental employees.
IRS Contribution Limits
Understanding IRS contribution limits is important, especially when your goal is to contribute the maximum to your account. Even if you can’t do the max, consider increasing your contribution a little each year to potentially move closer to your retirement goals. Review the annual contribution limits.
Deferred Compensation Resources
- Manage Your Account
- Nationwide Learning Center
- Roth 457(b) Contributions Guide (PDF)
- Catch-Up Brochure (PDF) (age 50 or older, catch-up provisions allow you to accelerate savings)
- Fund (PDF) Withdrawal and Payout Options
- Unforeseeable Emergency Distribution Instructions & Application (PDF)
Deferred Compensation Matching Contribution
Most regular employees who are employed for 20 or more hours per week are eligible to receive a matching contribution made by the County. Review the Deferred Compensation Matching Contribution Summary (PDF) to learn more.
Enrollment & Changes
To make changes, log in to your account and change your contributions. For a special catch-up contribution or if it is a final payout with an increased contribution, contact HR directly for assistance.
While most contribution changes can be made online there are two circumstances that require forms:
- For a special catch-up contribution (for employees within three years of declared normal retirement age), please consult with the Account Representative, Mike Ferguson, as an approval form is required, firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-385-7825.
- For final payouts with an increased contribution, please contact HR directly for assistance.