In order to comply with Washington State Governor Jay Inslee’s statewide Stay Home – Stay Healthy order to combat the spread of COVID-19, starting Monday, March 30 all transfer stations will be open to mechanical-unload customers only on weekdays.
Update - April 3
Please do not take garbage to facilities outside of Snohomish County. They are at capacity, not designed to handle additional volume and are turning our county residents away. Garbage created in Snohomish County needs to stay in Snohomish County. The Solid Waste Division is evaluating options to open additional facilities and/or expand who can use the facilities. All customers are encouraged to stay home, be safe, and not go to solid waste facilities unless absolutely necessary.
*** Customer Alerts ***
Attention - Changes to Services and Schedule.
March 26, 2020 – In accordance the Stay Home, Stay Healthy proclamation, Solid Waste Division announces the following actions to protect the community and County staff:
1) Starting Monday, March 30th:
- Transfer stations will be open to Mechanical unloading ONLY (No self-haul hand unload customers).
- Hours of operation will be weekdays, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Account holders or Credit card only (no pin debit transactions).
- No Cash or check payment accepted.
2) Starting Saturday, April 4th:
The Division will resume self-haul, hand unload services every Saturday at each of the transfer stations. Limits to this service are as follows:
- Transfer Stations will be open Saturdays, from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to Hand Unload Vehicles Only. No mechanical unloading will be accepted on Saturday.
- 6 can/bag/box limit, no larger than 32 gallon each. Household garbage only. No loose material, furniture, green waste, roofing, demolition debris, etc.
- Anything larger than 6 can maximum will be turned away and not accepted.
- Credit card transactions only. Cash/Check payment type will not be accepted.
- No recycling.
- No yard debris or wood waste accepted.
- No hazardous waste.
- Customers will be required to stay at least six feet away from other customers and employees while at our facilities.
The Dubuque Road, Granite Falls, and Sultan drop box locations will remain closed until further notice.
Customers should prepare for long wait times on Saturdays. Customers are encouraged to Check the Lines prior to departing to a station. We sincerely appreciate your support and understanding during this time. Please continue to monitor our website for updates and the latest information.