- Sheriff's Office
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
Our Concealed Pistol License (CPL) vendor, Permitium, has recently been informed of a nationwide scam that has been targeting citizens with CPLs. Those targeted by this scam have received text messages alerting them that their permit needs to be renewed or changed and offers a link to provide the user's information. This link is malicious and has NOT been generated by Permitium or our agency PermitDirector Software. NO TEXT MESSAGES SENT FROM PERMITIUM WILL EVER CONTAIN LINKS. Permitium has confirmed that the text messages are being sent randomly from phone numbers to people across the entire nation.
If community members believe that they have been targeted or if they have already experienced malicious intent due to a text message, they should report the scam to https://www.usa.gov/stop-scams-frauds
Registered Sex Offenders (RSO) should check for additional information here.
Modified Administrative Services:
Administrative services for the public are currently modified at the following locations until further notice. Please check each location for their hours, services, and for COVID-19 safety requirements:
- Courthouse (Everett) The Sheriff’s Office’s Records and Civil Units have moved from the third floor to the fourth floor of the courthouse building. Business hours are M-F from 10:00am – 2:00pm, we will see customers with existing CPL appointments, Alien Firearm License applicants, Firearms Dealer License applicants and Firearms Dealer Employees. Non-mandated fingerprinting services will not be conducted. Properly worn face coverings are required before entering the facility.
- South Precinct (Mill Creek) Open T and Th from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. for CPL applicants with existing appointments only. A mask and a temperature check (must be below 100.4) is required before entering the facility.
- North Precinct (Marysville) Open Monday and Thursday from 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and Tuesday and Friday from 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. for CPL applicants with existing appointments only. A mask and a temperature check (must be below 100.4) is required before entering the facility.
- East Precinct (Sultan Police Department) Open Tues-Thurs from 10-11:30 a.m. for pre-existing CPL appointments only. A properly worn face covering and a temperature check (must be below 100.4) is required before entering the facility. *Normal walk-up services in the lobby are closed to the public until Phase 3.
- Snohomish Police Department The police department lobby will be open for walk-up services only, however, NO CPL and NO fingerprinting services will be available.
- Stanwood Police Department is open to the public Tuesday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for walk-up services. Fingerprinting is available on Tuesday and Thursday 1 p.m. to 4:30 pm for pre-scheduled appointments only. CPL applications/renewals/replacements and all fingerprinting appointments can be scheduled HERE.
- Granite Falls Police Department Granite Falls Police Department is open to the public Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Fingerprinting is available on Tuesday and Thursday 1 p.m. to 4:30 pm and can be scheduled here. CPL applications/renewals /replacements can be scheduled here.
- Snohomish County Jail reception area remains CLOSED to the public.
*FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVICES ONLY*
- Concealed Pistol License (CPL) applicants with EXISTING FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENTS ONLY. Customers not on the appointment schedule for the day they arrive will not be seen. Customers arriving more than 15 minutes late for their scheduled appointment will have to reschedule. No new applications at this time. New Applications can be submitted on-line (see link below)
- Alien Firearms License applicants. Applicants must bring the following items:
- Valid Passport
- Current VISA
- A print out of current I-94 which can be obtained from the US Department of Homeland Security’s website at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov
- Valid Hunting License or Sport-shooting Club Membership
- Refer to the DOL website for more information at https://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faalien.html
- Firearms Dealer License applicants and Firearms Dealer Employees
During these limited hours, we encourage our community members to utilize our online services:
- Applying for or Renewing a Concealed Pistol license: https://snohomishwa.permitium.com/ccw/start
- Online Crime Reporting: snohomishcountywa.gov/301/File-an-Online-Crime-Report
The Governor has issued a proclamation temporarily suspending certain statutory requirements in the Public Records Act (PRA) RCW 42.56.including in-person PRA business as follows:
- In-person submission of PRA requests
- In-person inspection and copying of public records
Therefore, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office will not conduct any in-person business with the public relating to the Public Records Act (PRA). Residents are encouraged to use alternative communication methods for PRA business such as one of the methods below:
- Online portal: snohomishcountywa.gov/3019/Request-Records
- Collision Records Requests: policereports.lexisnexis.com/
- Email: Unit.SCSOpublicdisclosure@snoco.org
- U.S. Mail: Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office, M/S 606, 3000 Rockefeller Ave., Everett, WA 98201
- Phone: 425-388-3769
- Fax: 425-388-3939
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office will prioritize public trust and community safety by reducing crime through professional policing and correctional services, founded on accountability and compassion.
Do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason.
Integrity, Dignity, Commitment, Pride
Lead The Way
Message from the Sheriff
Welcome to your Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office website. The men and women of this agency are committed to serving our community with dignity, integrity and pride. I am proud to lead our uniformed deputies and dedicated civilian personnel as they work every day to provide professional and dedicated service to Snohomish County. Our agency motto, Lead the Way, is reflected in everything we do to serve and protect our communities.