- Sheriff's Office
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
A Message from the Sheriff
Welcome to your Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office website. The men and women of this agency are committed to serving our community with dignity, integrity and pride. I am proud to lead our uniformed deputies and dedicated civilian personnel as they work every day to provide professional and dedicated service to Snohomish County. Our agency motto, Lead the Way, is reflected in everything we do to serve and protect our communities.
-Sheriff Adam Fortney
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office will prioritize public trust and community safety by reducing crime through professional policing and correctional services, founded on accountability and compassion.
Do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason.
Integrity, Dignity, Commitment, Pride
Lead The Way
NEW BUSINESS HOURS:
Effective July 1, 2022 – Our business hours will change to Monday-Thursday, 9:00am–4:00pm (closed daily 12:00pm-1:00pm).
Effective June 1, 2022 – Non-mandated fingerprinting services will no longer be provided at our Courthouse location.
Administrative services for the public are open at the following locations, while following COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Courthouse 4th Floor Reception (Everett) is open Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. The Sheriff's Office Records, Civil and Public Disclosure Units are located on the fourth floor of the Snohomish County Courthouse.
Services provided: General customer service, Alien Firearms Licenses, Criminal History clearance letters, Concealed Pistol Licenses, Firearms Dealer Licenses, Business License fingerprints, Special Harvest Permits (Cedar, Mushroom, Huckleberry, Christmas Tree), Change of address (SOR), civil processing.
Alien Firearms License applicants. Applicants must bring the following items:
- Valid Passport
- Current VISA
- A print out of current I-94 which can be obtained from the US Department of Homeland Security’s website at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov
- Valid Hunting License or Sport-shooting Club Membership
- Refer to the DOL website for more information at https://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faalien.html
- Firearms Dealer License applicants and Firearms Dealer employees
- South Precinct (Mill Creek) is open Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- North Precinct (Marysville) is open Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Generic walk-in customer services. Current CPL processing, fingerprinting for employment, notary services, clearance letters
- East Precinct (Sultan Police Department) is open Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed daily for lunch from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Generic walk-in customer services. Fingerprinting for CPL applicants who have already scheduled their appointments online.
- Snohomish Police Department is open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please visit their Snohomish city website for services and additional information.
- Stanwood Police Department is open Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed daily from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Please visit to the Stanwood Police Department website for services and additional information.
- Granite Falls Police Department is open to the public Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Please visit to the Granite Falls Police Department website for services and additional information. https://ci.granite-falls.wa.us/?page_id=848
- Snohomish County Jail reception area is open to the public.
As always, we encourage our community members to utilize our online services:
- Applying for or Renewing a Concealed Pistol license: https://snohomishwa.permitium.com/ccw/start
- Online Crime Reporting: snohomishcountywa.gov/301/File-an-Online-Crime-Report
Registered Sex Offenders (RSO) should check for additional information here.
The Governor has rescinded Proclamation 20-28 (effective June 1, 2022). This proclamation had suspended all in-person business relating to the Public Records Act.
Therefore, Effective June 1, 2022, we will be resume the following services:
- Accepting new in-person public records requests from the public.
- Accepting payment for any public records request installments.
- Accepting requests for in-person records inspection, by appointment.
There are two options for viewing public records:
- Requestors can make an appointment with the Public Disclosure Unit Supervisor to review public records in person by sending an email to Unit.SCSOPublicDisclosure@snoco.org. A date, time and location on the Snohomish County campus will be agreed upon with the requestor to review the items in-person.
- Requestors can request a virtual review of public records from the Public Disclosure Unit Supervisor by sending an email to Unit.SCSOPublicDisclosure@snoco.org. The requested records will be placed in an online Box.com folder that will be shared with the requestor. The requestor will have an opportunity to digitally review the records from their mobile device, and leave notes on the electronic file for the Public Disclosure Unit to review and process.
For any questions, concerns or assistance in submitting a public records request; call the Public Disclosure Unit at 425-388-3769 to speak to one of the SCSO public records staff.