Tax Payment Options
PLEASE REMEMBER THE DUE DATE REQUIREMENTS FOR TAXES and allow adequate time for your payment to process timely through your financial institution. If your payment is received by the County after the due date is will be considered delinquent and will be returned for interest and penalty, per state law.
Always include your property account number with your payment- 14 digit (real property) or 7 digit (personal property)
A $35.00 processing fee will be assessed on ALL BANK RETURNED ITEMS
Your tax payment check could be converted to an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use the information from your check to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account, or to process the payment as a check transaction. When we use information from your check to make an EFT, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day we receive your payment and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution. Additional electronic funds transfer information is available online.
Storing of Information
The only personal information the county keeps is the payer’s name and parcel being paid. The eCheck and debit or credit card information that is entered when making a payment is passed directly to the bank when the authorization takes place and is not stored by the county.
Washington statute, RCW 36.29.190, states that the costs of using credit or debit cards, or other electronic transactions must be borne by the payer. The fee is paid to a third party, not the county, to process the credit card payment. The payment processor charges a convenience fee that is a percentage of the tax. None of this fee is received by Snohomish County.
Pay online using one of the following options:
- Credit Card: Pay using our merchant services provider online or by phone at 888-891-6064 (Option 1). Debit and credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) and electronic check (eCheck) transactions are securely processed for a fee. Read all prompts carefully before agreeing to the charge. Payment may take up to 5 business days to post to your property account. You will need the parcel number. When using an eCheck payment you will also need your bank account number and bank routing number. Use caution when entering account numbers to ensure accuracy. Errors may result in a bank return fee.
Credit Card ($2.50 minimum charge): 2.35%
Visa Debit Card (online only, 2.35% for payments by phone): $3.50
- Paystation®: An online payment service that connects billers (companies, municipalities, etc.) with bill payers. Pay by eCheck or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express). Paystation® will charge a convenience fee for this option. Read all prompts carefully before agreeing to the charge. Payment may take up to 5 business days to post to your property account.
Credit or Debit Card ($6.00 minimum charge): 2.95%
Property Account Updates
Snohomish County will post web payments to your account on the 5th business day following payment.
Other Payment Options
- Make arrangements through your bank to pay online or automatic payment through their Bill Payer service.
- Arrange for an escrow account with your lender or mortgage company.
- Contact Evergreen Note Servicing online by clicking here or by phone at 253-848-5678. For a reasonable fee, they will accept monthly payments and pay your tax bills when due. NOTE: Accounts with delinquent taxes must first be approved by the Snohomish County Treasurer's Office. Please call 425-388-3606 if you would like to make payments on your DELINQUENT property Taxes.
Send your check or money order to:
Snohomish County Treasurer
3000 Rockefeller Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
Mailed payments must be postmarked by the tax due date or they will be returned for interest and penalties. If you received an envelope with your tax statement, please use the pre-printed envelope.
Come to the Treasurer office to pay your taxes by cash, check, money order, debit or credit card (with convenience fee) at the counter in the Snohomish County Administration East building on the first floor:
3000 Rockefeller Ave
Everett, WA 98201
You may drop tax payments in the secure drop box during the months of April and October. Please make your check payable to the "Snohomish County Treasurer"
View the hours of operation
If you are paying taxes on property that is in Tax Foreclosure, payment must be for the full amount due including all taxes, interest, penalties and administrative costs. Cash, cashier’s check, and money order are the ONLY acceptable form of payment. NO personal or business checks, NO online, website, credit, debit cards payments will be accepted. BEFORE MAKING PAYMENT you must contact the Treasurer Foreclosure Department at 425 388-3606 to verify the full amount due.