Public Records & Information

A public record is any state or local record relating to the conduct of government or the performance of a government function. All public records maintained by Planning and Development Services (PDS) are available for public inspection, unless the law specifically exempts them. You are entitled to access public records under reasonable conditions, and to make copies of those records upon paying the cost of making the copy. To obtain record requests, click here.

What kinds of records are available at PDS?

PDS creates and maintains records that are related to land and property development in unincorporated Snohomish County, including:
  • Land use records, including subdivisions, short plats, shoreline management, and commercial projects
  • Permit histories organized by Property Tax Account Number
  • Flood hazard permits
  • Forest practice permits
  • Code enforcement files

Other Records and Information

Some records and information related to the development and permitting process are located at other jurisdictions.  Information and records pertaining to:
  • As-built drawings for septic and well systems, please contact the Snohomish County Health District at (425) 339-5250 or visit their website.
  • Hazardous spills, please contact your local Fire District.
  • Sewer systems, please contact your local Sewer District.
  • General property, permit, or zoning questions, please contact Ask Permit Tech.
Online Information
The county provides online access to the following resources at no cost:
  • Permit Status Update
  • Real Property Search
  • Recorded Documents
  • Shoreline Management Program