State law (RCW 18.180.010) requires that any person who serves legal process for a fee in Washington State register with the County Auditor.
Process servers in Washington State must be 18 years old or older and a resident of Washington State.
Visit the Snohomish County Customer Service Center to submit your form in person.
Payment methods accepted: Cash, check, money order, cashier's check, Visa, or Mastercard.
Submit completed form with exact fee to:
Snohomish County Auditor's Office – Recording Division
3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 204
Everett, WA 98201
Payment methods accepted: Check, money order, or cashier's check payable to Snohomish County Auditor.
The following people are not required to register as a process server:
- A sheriff, deputy sheriff, marshal, constable or government employee who is acting in the course of employment
- An attorney or an attorney's employees who are not serving process on a fee basis
- A person who is court appointed to serve the court's process
- A person who does not receive a fee or wage for serving process
- A private investigator licensed under RCW 18.165