Pet Licenses

A Snohomish County pet license is required for all adult dogs and cats residing in unincorporated Snohomish County. A pet license is required regardless of whether they are kept indoors or outdoors. Licensing your pet is the best assurance for the safe return of a lost pet.

How to Determine if You Live in Unincorporated Snohomish County

If you live inside city limits, please contact your city directly for pet license requirements. To determine if you live in unincorporated Snohomish County, click 
here and follow the instructions on the page. Once you choose your property by clicking on the "Parcel Number," look under "Distribution of Current Taxes." If you live inside the city limits, the city where you reside will be listed there and you need to contact your city of residence for licensing requirements. If there is no city listed, you live in unincorporated Snohomish County and can license your pet using the below options.
Important Notice Regarding our Online Payment Processing System
Please note, our newly enhanced security for credit card payments requires at a minimum, Internet Explorer 11 or newer or comparable browsers. 

First-Time License 


License Renewal

Kennel License

A kennel license is required whenever four or more dogs are owned, kept, or maintained on the premises of any person, per SCC 6.06.007