140th St NE between 23rd Ave NE and 34th Ave NE
DescriptionSnohomish County Public Works is planning to improve 140th Street NE between 23rd Avenue NE and 34th Avenue NE to current standards.
Construction for this proposed project currently includes the following improvements:
- A roundabout at the intersection of 140th Street NE and 23rd Avenue NE
- Widening of 140th Street NE to include a two-way left turn lane and wider shoulders throughout the corridor
- Replacement of Bridge 582 over the West Fork Quilceda Creek
- Possibly realigning and enhancing a portion of the stream that flows south along 23rd Avenue NE and east on the north side of 140th Street NE
- Replacement of the culvert just west of 29th Avenue NE with a fish passable culvert and possibly enhancing a portion of the stream downstream of the culvert
- Construction of a new storm water facility
2014: Survey to identify public right-of-way boundary and locations of wetlands and streams and begin design
2016 - 2017: Channelization design, hydraulic study and preliminary drainage design
2018 - 2020: Environmental review and public comment period for SEPA and anticipated completion of design
The design phase and right-of-way purchase is funded by the Snohomish County Road Fund and Transportation Mitigation Fund.
In summer 2018, residents and business owners near the proposed construction area will receive a State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) postcard notice by mail and may see signs posted on the road. This provides an opportunity to send Snohomish County comments early in the design phase on the proposed project. Additional SEPA information will be available on this page to review when it is available.
Under SEPA, we are required to complete an environmental checklist about the proposed construction and its potential impacts on the environment. The checklist includes both the natural environment (earth, air, water, plants and animals, energy and natural resources) and the built environment (environmental health, land and shoreline use, transportation, public services and utilities).