Recording Fees Increased July 2019

Due to recently passed legislation, recording fees for most documents have increased.
Schedule of Fees Effective July 28, 2019 (PDF)
Documents received by Snohomish County for recording on or after these effective dates must include the correct fee to be promptly recorded.

The Recording Division is responsible for recording real property transactions (deeds, mortgages, real estate contracts, liens, and releases); recording plats and surveys; issuing and recording marriage licenses; microfilming and indexing recorded documents; and providing public access to recorded and filed documents.

Viewing or obtaining copies of recorded documents

Once a document is recorded, the images and index information will be available for viewing online the next business day. Due to the privacy concerns of many citizens, the Auditor’s Office has removed document types from our website that contain sensitive information such as social security numbers. Though you will not be able to view the scanned document, you will still have access to the indexing information and may obtain copies in the Auditor's Office.

Recording documents

Certain documents must be reviewed for excise tax by the county Treasurer's Office before they can be presented for recording. View a list of documents requiring Treasurer's Office review (PDF).

Applying for a marriage license

Other services