The Surface Water Management Division of Snohomish County Public Works modified the existing regional stormwater pond (PAWS pond) located northeast of the intersection of 44th Avenue W and 153rd Place SW. This project reduced localized flooding and roadway flooding due to the existing storage capacity of the pond, reduced maintenance issues, and increased downstream water quality.
The project improvements include:
• Excavation inside the pond and along the perimeter slopes to provide additional storage capacity
• Installation of fencing around the entire pond perimeter
• Construction of a maintenance access road into the pond
• Provision of a primary and secondary overflow structures
• Construction of an improved outlet debris barrier
• Enhancements to the pond to provide water quality benefits
• Addition of new stormwater conveyance pipes and structures on 44th Avenue W
E: Email Keith Hume
Ph: (425) 388-3464 x4642
A two-day road closure on 153rd Pl SW between 44th Ave W and 45th Pl W with local access from the west.
A two-day road closure on 44th Ave W between 152nd St SW and 153rd Pl SW with local access from the north.
Project # RR48838