Thank you for visting Evergreen State Fair - a Zero Waste event and the Evergreenest Fair Ever!
You can help reduce the Fair’s environmental impact and reach our goal of a Zero Waste Fair by using the Zero Waste stations located throughout the Fairgrounds to recycle, compost and put garbage in its place!
Help us make this the Evergreenest Fair Ever!
- Recycle plastic bottles, cans, and paper.
- Compost food waste and all compostable food waste packaging purchased from Fair vendors.
- Bring your own water bottle: Water bottle filling stations were recently installed at the Fairgrounds.
- Bring your own reusable bag: Help cut down on the number of plastic bags distributed at the Fair by bringing your own bag to carry items purchased.
- Put Garbage in its Place: Plastic wrap, plastic bags, chip bags, candy bar wrappers, condiment packets, and soiled aluminum foil are all garbage.
What goes in each bin?
Use the signage at the Zero Waste stations to guide you, but if you’re unsure then just remember the phrase “When in doubt, throw it out!”. It’s better to throw waste in the garbage than to accidentally contaminate another receptacle and make those materials unusable.
Be on the lookout for our Zero Waste Educators who will help you put your waste into the correct receptacle.