The Levy Division is responsible for calculating the property tax rate, maintaining the tax code areas (TCAs), preparing the Assessor ’s Annual Report, and certifying the direct petition method (60% of value) for petitioned annexations as well as allocating the property to the appropriate district after any annexation is approved by the Boundary Review Board.
Understanding Taxing Districts & Levies
View a presentation (PDF) the Snohomish County Assessor’s Office offers to representatives of taxing districts each year to help them learn about the levy process. The information provided can be useful to anyone wanting to learn more about this process. The slides give basic information with some notes explaining how the simple levy process works and the limitations involved. Participants in the class are also given sample problems and worksheets to complete.
Assessor Annual Reports for Taxes
The Annual Report is a good resource for property tax information such as the amount of taxes the districts will collect, the total assessed value for each district, the tax rate for each levy or TCA as well as other statistics about Snohomish County that you may find helpful. The Annual Report is completed every year after tax rolls have been certified to the Treasurer ’s Office in January. View the Annual Reports that are available.
The following resources are available to assist you in understanding property taxes and property tax assessments:
- How are property taxes determined (PDF)
- How is my property tax distributed?
- Common Explanation (the difference between a tax statement and an official notice of assessed value)
- Homeowner’s Guide to Property Taxes (PDF) (a guide to our Washington State property tax system)
- Forms and Publications (PDF)
- Property Information (look up property values using parcel number or address)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- State Laws (Revised Code of Washington [RCW]) Pertaining to Property Taxes
- Levy Limits and Taxing District Contact Information
- Levy Manual
- Department of Revenue Property Tax Publication
Bill & Payment Questions
For billing questions and/or making payments regarding your property taxes, please contact the Treasurer’s Office by calling 425 388-3366.