156th St SE Corridor Improvements
DescriptionThe 156th St SE Corridor project aims to improve the roadway and provide continuous pedestrian facilities along 156th St SE from 35th Ave SE to west of Forest View Elementary School and Gateway Middle School.
Some improvements being considered include:
- Improving vertical curves along the roadway
- Providing intersection improvements at 156th St SE and Sunset Rd
- Adding pedestrian facilities connecting already existing sidewalk strips west of Sunset Rd
- Constructing pedestrian facilities along 156th St SE between Sunset Rd to Forest View Elementary School and Gateway Middle School
2016: Completed surveying topography of the project area
2017: Right of way plan, preliminary design, environmental review and community outreach
2018-2019: Design phase
2023: Construction is subject to funding availability
An environmental review was completed in compliance with the SEPA. An environmental checklist was prepared on February 23, 2018.
A Determination of Non-significance (DNS) and Notice of Land Disturbing Activity (LDA) Permit were issued on February 28, 2018. They are also available for viewing at Snohomish County Public Works during normal business hours:
- SEPA Checklist and DNS
- SEPA/LDA Postcard Notice - mailed March 2, 2018
- SEPA/LDA Sign Notice - posted March 2, 2018
Public Comment & Appeal Period
Comments regarding this project are due on or before 5 p.m. on Monday, March 26, 2018. Send comments to:
Stephanie Cotton, Senior Planner
Snohomish County Public Works
3000 Rockefeller Ave., M/S 607
Everett, WA 98201
Or email comments to [email protected]
FundingCounty Road funds are available during the design phase.
Snohomish County Public Works held a public meeting on February 23, 2017 to discuss three projects in this area. The projects were Seattle Hill Rd, 35th Ave SE, and 156th St SE. Staff was available to answer questions about the construction on Seattle Hill Rd, review proposed road improvements to the section of 35th Ave SE, and gather feedback on potential designs for the 156th St SE project.