The primary mission of Facilities Planning and Construction is to manage and administer facility construction, updates, and remodels, and provide quality design support for County departments to optimize existing facility utilization, and oversee major building and system upgrades in Snohomish County facilities.
- Develop, maintain, and update the short- and long-term Capital Improvement Plan for designated County facilities, and implement projects as approved by the County Executive and County Council.
- Provide project management services for the implementation of the County’s Facilities Capital Improvement Plan; develop specifications, bid documents, and contracts; and provide project coordination from inception to completion.
- Provide professional and technical consultation and project management services to County departments for planning and implementation of necessary remodels to improve the effective and efficient use of office space.
- Provide management of structural and other evaluations and studies mandated by safety, health, and other regulatory statues.
- Provide space planning, furniture, and equipment layout services with AutoCAD drafting for remodels, renovations, and new construction.
- Provide professional and technical assistance regarding standardization of facilities hardware, finishes, graphics, and components.
- Maintain an inventory of existing County facilities drawings and specifications.