35th Ave SE Corridor - Phase II (SR 524 to 180th St SE)
June 2017 UpdateOpen House: 35th Ave SE Corridor – Phase II, 43rd Ave SE/Sunset Rd, 180th St SE Phase I and II, and 196th St SE/Grannis Rd (view invite)
Public Works is hosting an open house to discuss these five projects in the unincorporated Mill Creek/Bothell area.
- When: Tuesday, June 27 – stop by anytime between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
- Where: North Creek Presbyterian Church
- What: Residents of the area, commuters, and families of nearby schools are invited to discuss the five projects. Staff will be available to answer questions about the 180th St SE Phase I and Phase II and the 196th St SE/Grannis Rd construction, and review the proposed road improvements to the 35th Ave SE and 43rd Ave SE/Sunset Rd corridors.
Snohomish County is proposing improvements to the 35th Ave SE corridor between Maltby Rd / State Route (SR) 524 and 180th St SE. The corridor is an important north-south route for Snohomish County residents in a rapidly developing area of the county. This project is a continuation of the 35th Ave SE Phase I project located between 180th St SE and Seattle Hill Rd. The 35th Ave SE Phase II project includes adding bike lanes, center turn lanes, planter strips, sidewalks, and stormwater detention and treatment facilities. The proposed projects will improve traffic circulation and expand mobility for bicyclists and pedestrians. The addition of continuous center turn lanes will reduce delays caused by turning vehicles. A new traffic signal will also be proposed at the intersection of 35th Ave SE and 184th St SE.
- 2016-2020: Design, survey, environmental review, right-of-way acquisition
The process of developing road projects takes several years. Many factors must be considered, including: location of homes; public right-of-way; stormwater runoff, drainage and water quality; wetlands and buffers; hilly terrain; sight distance; soils; traffic volumes; accident history; vehicle and pedestrian access; location of utilities; and information that residents provide about the area.
- 2020-2021: Construction is subject to funding availability
County will complete an environmental review of the proposed project area in compliance with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)
As part of the widening project, Snohomish County will need to purchase right-of-way adjacent to the road from property owners along 35th Ave SE. This process is not expected to begin until 2017. More Information on the right-of-way acquisition process is included in the
Before we Build Pamphlet.