Design Standards / EDDS
Rule Making Action
Amendments to the EDDS
- On April 18, 2018 the Snohomish County Department of Public Works (DPW), pursuant to Snohomish County Code (SCC) 30.82.040 (Rulemaking), proposed amendments to the EDDS and a Revision Rule 4220.070.
- On August 6, 2018 DPW adopted the amendments to the EDDS and Rule 4220.070.
Request for County Council Review of Rule Making Action
Pursuant to SCC 30.82.065, within 120 days of rule adoption (by December 5, 2018) an interested person may request a review of the adopted rules by the County Council. A request for Council review should be sent to the contact person listed below or be emailed to the County Council or mailed to Snohomish County Council, 3000 Rockefeller M/S 609, Everett WA 98201. Council review shall only determine whether the adopted rule is consistent with the scope of the department’s rule making authority as specified in SCC 30.82.010(1). No other formal appeal opportunity is available.
Current EDDS Edition (effective August 6, 2018)
- Complete Text (PDF)
(The Standard Details/Drawings are now included with the text at the end of each chapter and Appendix A and B are at the end of the document)
Previous EDDS Editions
Helpful Forms & Information
The following links are provided to useful forms and information:
- Comment / Change Request Form (PDF)
- EDDS Deviation Forms - do not use to waive or modify a requirement of county code, Drainage Manual or EDDS stormwater standards.
- For EDDS Pre-application Deviation Requests: EDDS Pre-application Deviation Request Form (This request can only be submitted after the Presubmittal Conference required by SCC 30.66B.020 and before submittal of the development application)
- For projects vested prior to September 30, 2010: EDDS Deviation Request Form (PDF)
- For projects vested from September 30, 2010 through January 21, 2016:
- For projects vested on or after January 22, 2016:
- Utility Predesign Conference Checklist (PDF) (required for all utility work within the right-of-way that require either a Type D7 or D8 permit)
Interim EDDS Administrative Interpretations
Pursuant to EDDS Section 1-04, the county engineer has the authority to approve Administrative Interpretations of the EDDS.
There are no Administrative Interpretations pending incorporation into the EDDS at this time.