Design Standards / EDDS
Amendments to the EDDS
Proposed Rule Making Action
On January 21, 2020 the Department of Public Works (DPW) published a Notice of Proposed Rule Making Action and emailed the notice to stakeholders, thereby commencing a 21-day comment period which ended at 5:00 PM on (Wednesday) February 12, 2020 and no further comments are allowed on those changes.
During the 21 day comment period DPW noticed a drafting error on Std. Drwg. 3-105 90º INTERSECTION ELBOW and received comments concerning road ends.
Given the implications of the drafting error and the extent of the changes proposed to road ends, DPW is sending this follow up notice to those stakeholders impacted by the changes and is establishing a new 21-day comment period which begins on March 12, 2020 and ends on April 2, 2020.
Comments are limited to ONLY those changes identified in red in EDDS text sections 3-01.B.2 and 3-010.A.1, Std. Drwgs. 3-105 and 3-150A & B as shown in the follow-up notice.
Please read the Stakeholder Follow Up Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Action for information on the proposed changes and timeframes for review and submitting comments, plus how to submit comments.
Please email all your questions, comments, or proposed changes to Erik Olson or Ryan Peterson.
Current EDDS Edition (effective August 6, 2018)
- Complete EDDS document including Standard Details/Drawings (PDF) (Document reformatted February 25, 2019. The Standard Details/Drawings are now included with the text at the end of each chapter and Appendix A and B are at the end of the document)
Printing tip: Set your printer to "auto portrait/landscape" to ensure the standard drawings print correctly. If this is not an option, print the standard drawings separately and set the orientation to landscape.
Previous EDDS Editions
Helpful Forms & Information
The following links are provided to useful forms and information:
- Comment / Change Request Form (PDF)
- EDDS Deviation Forms - do not use to waive or modify a requirement of county code, Drainage Manual or EDDS stormwater standards.
- For EDDS Pre-application Deviation Requests: EDDS Pre-application Deviation Request Form (This request can only be submitted after the Presubmittal Conference required by SCC 30.66B.020 and before submittal of the development application)
- For projects vested prior to September 30, 2010: EDDS Deviation Request Form (PDF)
- For projects vested from September 30, 2010 through January 21, 2016:
- For projects vested on or after January 22, 2016:
- Utility Predesign Conference Checklist (PDF) (required for all utility work within the right-of-way that require either a Type D7 or D8 permit)
Interim EDDS Administrative Interpretations
Pursuant to EDDS Section 1-04, the county engineer has the authority to approve Administrative Interpretations of the EDDS.
There are no Administrative Interpretations pending incorporation into the EDDS at this time.