Design Standards / EDDS
Amendments to the EDDS
- January 2021 - Rule Making Action
On December 4, 2020, the Department of Public Works (DPW), pursuant to Snohomish County Code (SCC) 30.82.030 (Rulemaking), proposed amendments to Chapters 1, 3, 4, and 8 of the Snohomish County Engineering Design and Development Standards (EDDS). On January 8, 2021, the DPW, pursuant to SCC 30.82.040 (Rulemaking), is adopting the amendments to Chapters 1, 3, 4, and 8 of the EDDS with an effective date of January 8, 2021.
Request for County Council Review
Pursuant to 30.82.065 SCC interested persons may request a review of the adopted rules by the County Council within 120 days of rule adoption. A request for Council review should be emailed to the Snohomish County Council at email@example.com or mailed to the Snohomish County Council at 3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 609, Everett, WA 98201. Please copy Ryan Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org to council review request emails, or send a copy of council review request letters to Ryan Peterson at 3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 607, Everett, WA 98201.
Current EDDS Edition (effective Jan. 8, 2021)
- Complete EDDS document including Standard Details/Drawings (PDF)
Printing tip: Set your printer to "auto portrait/landscape" to ensure the standard drawings print correctly. If this is not an option, print the standard drawings separately and set the orientation to landscape.
Previous EDDS Editions
Helpful Forms & Information
The following links are provided to useful forms and information:
- Comment / Change Request Form (PDF)
- EDDS Deviation Forms - do not use to waive or modify a requirement of county code, Drainage Manual or EDDS stormwater standards.
- For EDDS Pre-application Deviation Requests: EDDS Pre-application Deviation Request Form (This request can only be submitted after the Presubmittal Conference required by SCC 30.66B.020 and before submittal of the development application)
- For projects vested prior to September 30, 2010: EDDS Deviation Request Form (PDF)
- For projects vested from September 30, 2010 through January 21, 2016:
- For projects vested on or after January 22, 2016:
- Utility Predesign Conference Checklist (PDF) (required for all utility work within the right-of-way that require either a Type D7 or D8 permit)
Interim EDDS Administrative Interpretations
Pursuant to EDDS Section 1-04, the county engineer has the authority to approve Administrative Interpretations of the EDDS.