Design Standards / EDDS
Proposed Amendments to the EDDS
Proposed Rule Making Action (July 2022)
Pursuant to Snohomish County Code (SCC) 30.82.040 (Rulemaking), the Department of Public Works (DPW) is proposing amendments to Chapters 1-07, 1-09, 4-03, and 6 of the Snohomish County Engineering Design and Development Standards (EDDS).
A twenty-one (21) day public comment period started on Sunday, July 17, 2022, and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 8, 2022. All comments must be in writing and sent to Ryan Peterson by email at email@example.com.
Current EDDS Edition (effective Sept 17, 2021)
- Complete EDDS document including Standard Details/Drawings (PDF)
Printing tip: Set your printer to "auto portrait/landscape" to ensure the standard drawings print correctly. If this is not an option, print the standard drawings separately and set the orientation to landscape.
Previous EDDS Editions
Helpful Forms & Information
The following links are provided to useful forms and information:
- Comment / Change Request Form (PDF)
- EDDS Deviation Forms - do not use to waive or modify a requirement of county code, Drainage Manual or EDDS stormwater standards.
- For EDDS Pre-application Deviation Requests: EDDS Pre-application Deviation Request Form (This request can only be submitted after the Presubmittal Conference required by SCC 30.66B.020 and before submittal of the development application)
- For projects vested prior to September 30, 2010: EDDS Deviation Request Form (PDF)
- For projects vested from September 30, 2010 through January 21, 2016:
- For projects vested on or after January 22, 2016:
- Utility Predesign Conference Checklist (PDF) (required for all utility work within the right-of-way that require either a Type D7 or D8 permit)