Design Standards / EDDS
Amendments to the EDDS
Rule Making Action (November 2020)
On September 30, 2020 the Department of Public Works (DPW), pursuant to Snohomish County Code (SCC) 30.82.030 (Rulemaking), proposed amendments to Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the Snohomish County Engineering Design and Development Standards (EDDS).
On October 28, 2020, the DPW, pursuant to SCC 30.82.040 (Rulemaking), is adopting the amendments to Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the EDDS with an effective date of November 1, 2020.
- Notice of Rule Making Action
- Adopted EDDS Amendments (effective Nov. 1, 2020)
- Final EDDS Document (effective Nov. 1, 2020)
Pursuant to SCC 30.84.040(2) and 30.82.065 only those persons who submitted comments during the initial 21-day comment period may request a review of the adopted rules by the County Council within 120 days of rule adoption (by 5 PM on February 19, 2021). A request for Council review should be sent to the County Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Snohomish County Council at 3000 Rockefeller MS 609, Everett WA 98201 and a copy emailed or mailed to the contact person below. Council review shall then determine whether the adopted rule(s) are consistent with the scope of DPW rulemaking authority. No other formal appeal opportunity is available.
For more information contact Erik Olson or Ryan Peterson by email, or send a letter to either of them at Snohomish County Public Works, 3000 Rockefeller Ave, M/S 607, Everett, WA 98201-4046.
Current EDDS Edition (effective Nov. 1, 2020)
- Complete EDDS document including Standard Details/Drawings (PDF)
Printing tip: Set your printer to "auto portrait/landscape" to ensure the standard drawings print correctly. If this is not an option, print the standard drawings separately and set the orientation to landscape.
Previous EDDS Editions
Helpful Forms & Information
The following links are provided to useful forms and information:
- Comment / Change Request Form (PDF)
- EDDS Deviation Forms - do not use to waive or modify a requirement of county code, Drainage Manual or EDDS stormwater standards.
- For EDDS Pre-application Deviation Requests: EDDS Pre-application Deviation Request Form (This request can only be submitted after the Presubmittal Conference required by SCC 30.66B.020 and before submittal of the development application)
- For projects vested prior to September 30, 2010: EDDS Deviation Request Form (PDF)
- For projects vested from September 30, 2010 through January 21, 2016:
- For projects vested on or after January 22, 2016:
- Utility Predesign Conference Checklist (PDF) (required for all utility work within the right-of-way that require either a Type D7 or D8 permit)
Interim EDDS Administrative Interpretations
Pursuant to EDDS Section 1-04, the county engineer has the authority to approve Administrative Interpretations of the EDDS.
There are no Administrative Interpretations pending incorporation into the EDDS at this time.