Snohomish County Planning & Development Services
COVID – 19 RESPONSE
PDS OFFERING ON-LINE SERVICES IN PLACE OF IN PERSON VISITS TO OUR FRONT COUNTER AND RECORDS ROOM
In response to the closure of the County Administration Building to the public announced on March 16, 2020, PDS is providing the following services via several alternate methods:
- Front Counter Services: General zoning questions, permitting and land development information can be requested electronically via AskPermitTech You can also call our switchboard at 425-388-3311 and we’ll direct you to someone who can answer your questions.
- Records Room and requests for information, public records or to review documents: Click on the link and review the following webpage to submit your request: Obtaining PDS Records
- Permit Status and Inspection Requests can be viewed and scheduled via MyBuildingPermit.com
- Submittal of Appeals – In order to ensure consistency in the appeals process during this period, PDS has implemented a new procedure to accept appeals.
Appeals may be accepted electronically and paid for by credit card over the phone as follows:
- Scan the original signed copy of the appeal document;
- Send your appeal as an email attachment to EPermitTech. Please include a phone number where you can reliably be reached.
- Staff will call you to collect your credit card information and process your payment.
- Mail the original copy to:
Snohomish County PDS
3000 Rockefeller M/S 604
Everett WA 98201
If you are unable to submit electronically, please call 425-388-3311 to make other arrangements
- Hearings – please see the Hearing Examiner web page for status of upcoming hearings.
- Telephone - If you would like to speak to PDS staff, call our switchboard at 425-388-3311.
- Inspections – please see the Inspections webpage for more detailed information.
- Permit Processing – Most of our staff are working remotely to review and intake permit applications from MyBuildingPermit.com and process permits. Our zoning specialists, land development specialists, planners, engineers, biologists, and plans examiners are all working remotely to provide the same level of service to which you have been accustomed. If you have a permit in review, you should be hearing from our staff just like before. We can do conferences with customers via Skype or telephone instead of in person.
During this time of uncertainty, the safety of our customers and our staff is our highest concern. However, until the crisis has ended, we will endeavor to provide you with the answers and records you seek and the permitting services you request in a reasonably timely manner. We appreciate your support and patience in fulfilling your requests.