Current & Planned Construction
- View road construction updates (Contractor, utility companies and county road projects underway)
- View information on current road projects (Snohomish County Public Works current/planned projects)
County Road Closures
- View map showing full road closures
- Information is updated Monday through Thursday from 7:00am - 4:30pm; the list includes roads located in unincorporated Snohomish County.
- For assistance during a weather-related emergency email Emergency Management the Department of Emergency Management, or call 425-388-5060
State Highway Closures
Bus route information is available from the individual agencies serving Snohomish County.
- Index Galena Road - The road re-opened at milepost 6 on Saturday, November 4, 2023.
- North Sauk River Road - from the intersection with Sauk Prairie Road to the end, due to washout. Closed indefinitely as of 10/20/03
- Monte Cristo Rd - The road is currently closed to vehicle traffic.
Weight/Height-Restricted Roads and Bridges
Seasonal Road Closures
- Mountain Loop Highway - The highway is closed from the Deer Creek gate to the west to the Bedal gate near the Bedal Campground to the east. The closure is about 18 miles east of Verlot.
- Index-Galena Road - The road is closed between the access gates near milepost 10 to the west and milepost 14 to the east. The 2023-24 winter season marks the first seasonal closure of this road for Snohomish County Public Works since flooding washed out the road between mileposts 6 and 7 in 2006.
Historically Closed Roads
- Historically closed roads due to submersion (view map (PDF))
United States Forest Service
For information about U.S. Forest Service land and roads in Snohomish County, please call:
- Darrington Ranger District 360-436-1155
- Verlot Service Center 360-691-7791
Opens in new window