180th St SE - Phase II
June 2021 Update
As part of the widening project, Snohomish County will need to purchase right-of-way adjacent to the road from property owners along 180th St SE between 23rd Ave SE and 35th Ave SE. Right-of-way purchase is in progress and is expected to be completed by the end of 2022. Contact Adrienne Hulbert at 425-388-6564 for more information on the right-of-way acquisition process. The process is also included in the Before we Build Pamphlet. Survey crews are on-site to collect additional information.
Snohomish County's six-year Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) identifies projects to improve conditions for pedestrians and motorists along the 180th St. SE corridor. One of these is a project along 180th St. SE beginning at the Bothell-Everett Highway (SR 527) intersection.
The county is proposing to add two lanes to bring 180th St. SE up to five-lanes between 23rd Ave SE and 35th Ave SE, along with bike lanes and sidewalks on both sides of the road, as a part of Phase II of this road improvement.
Phase II is at the 60 percent design phase. Right-of-way acquisition and SEPA review are scheduled to begin in 2019. Phase II construction has not yet been scheduled.
Snohomish County Public Works held a public meeting on June 27, 2017 to discuss four projects in this area. The projects were the 35th Ave SE - Phase II, 43rd Ave SE/Sunset Rd, 180th St SE Phase I and II, and 196th St SE/Grannis Rd. Staff was available to answer questions, review proposed improvements, and gather feedback on potential designs.
An environmental review and Checklist was completed in compliance with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) on April 7, 2019 for Phase II of the proposed 180th St. SE road improvement project.
Snohomish County Public Works determined that this project does not have a probable, significant adverse impact on the environment and has issued a Determination of Non-significance (DNS).
- Newsletter/open house invite June 2017 (PDF)
- Meeting displays (PDF), June 2017
- FAQ (PDF), June 2017
- Comment form (PDF), June 2017
- Newsletter May 2012 (PDF)
- Newsletter January 2011 (PDF)
- Newsletter March 2009 (PDF)
Other Projects in the Area
- 180th St SE, Phase I (SR 527 to 23rd Ave SE)
- 35th Ave SE, Phase I (180th St SE to Seattle Hill Rd)
- 35th Ave SE, Phase II (SR 524 to 180th St SE)
- 43rd Ave SE/Sunset Rd (SR 524 to 180th St SE)
- 156th St SE (35th Ave SE to the schools)
- 196th St SE/Grannis Rd (22nd Ave SE to 189th Pl SE)
- Seattle Hill Rd (35th Ave SE to 132nd St SE)