Kayak Point Golf Course Property
7703 150th Pl NW. Stanwood, WA 98292
Kayak Point Golf Course is 270 Acres located only 12 miles from City of Marysville. This property was acquired from Atlantic Richfield in 1972 with the rest of Kayak Point Regional Park.
As new information becomes available, this page will be updated, via News Flash, to inform our neighbors and potential vendors/operators on the status of the property. To subscribe, click here, then scroll down the Golf Course Property item.
- County Looks to Revive Idled Kayak Point Golf Course (Everett Herald)
- After reviewing the RFP proposals and evaluation scores from the October presentations, recommendations were made to the Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department Director. There is a qualified respondent that the Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department is currently in negotiations with.
- Department response to NextDoor comments/concerns can be found here.
- Questions and answers to an email inquiry from one of our Kayak Point Golf Course property neighbors can be found here.
- In response to that email, we have also attached a scanned copy of the existing concessionaire license agreement here.
- 10/9/20: Update on RFP (request for proposals) 003-20SB - Two (2) of the four (4) proposers who submitted a written proposal related to the golf course property, via RFP 003-20SB, provided a presentation to the RFP Evaluation Committee on Friday, October 9, 2020. Snohomish County Parks staff will review the proposals and evaluation scores and make recommendations to the Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department Director.
Similar to the prior three (3) operators of the Kayak Point Golf Course property, Disc Golf Resorts, aka Chainbangers, applied and received a permit to sell alcohol via the State Liquor and Cannabis Board.
- Updated 2-11-2020 (RFP extended to 2/28/2020)
- Updated 2-3-2020
RFP 003-20SB, (Request for Proposal) is now available on Snohomish County’s Purchasing webpage should you wish to turn in a hard copy, written proposal for the Kayak Point Golf Course property or other Snohomish County Park locations as well. Purchasing Contact: Shannon Barker, 425-388-3344
You will need to direct all phone calls, questions or conversations from January 31, 2020 – February 28, 2020 through the Snohomish County Purchasing Contact, Shannon Barker, 425-388-3344 who in turn will forward those questions or inquiries to the appropriate parks department employee to respond.
You will need to REGISTER AS A VENDOR TO VIEW THE RFP AND TURN IN A WRITTEN PROPOSAL to the county purchasing department. The link below will take you to the Snohomish County Purchasing Portal where you can register as a vendor.
- Updated 12-13-19
Snohomish County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism recently entered into a one year Concessionaire License Agreement with a vendor that turned in a written proposal through the most recent RFP (request for proposal) process. In the near future the vendor will be operating a 72 disc golf course and will be making some minor improvements to the grounds to accommodate disc golf play and possibly open up the mini golf putt-putt course as well.
In addition, the vendor has also signed a Volunteer Caretaker Service Agreement and will be living onsite in an RV to provide additional monitoring and security to the club house building and the grounds as well. County Park Rangers will also continue to monitor the property on a daily basis as well.
- Updated 9-9-19
- Updated 8/21/19
- RFP-29-19SB has been extended from 7/23/2019 to 9/5/2019
- Landscape Architect Magazine Article, March 2019 - "Taking Golf Out of the Golf Course"
- Status of City of Portland’s Public Golf Courses (pdf)
- Updated 7/9/2019
- Updated 7/2/19
- Updated 4-29-19:
- The second RFP ( RFP 09-19SB ) titled “ Public – Private Partnerships for Snohomish County Parks” where Kayak Point Golf Course Property was prominently highlighted was advertised on March 1, 2019 and closed on April 5, 2019. On April 9, 2019 the RFP Evaluation Committee met and evaluated all seven (7) of the written proposals received with five (5) of those being proposals to manage and operate the Kayak Point Golf Course property. The Evaluation Committee recommended to the Parks Department to contact the two (2) proposers that indicated they have nationwide golf course property management experience and hopefully the financial ability to partner with Snohomish County Parks in helping to manage and operate the 270 acre park property.
- On April 12, 2019 County Park staff had a phone conversation, question and answer session, with the two strongest proposers. At the conclusion of that phone conversation it was agreed that the one company that indicated in their proposal that they would have an interest in perhaps contributing capital dollars at the park property if a long term agreement could be signed and executed was scheduled for Friday, April 26, 2019.
- On Friday, April 26, 2019 County Park Staff and two representatives of that firm met, walked the site, and discussed their overall impression and evaluation of what options or recommendations they would propose. It was agreed that they would send county parks a letter outlining their recommendations and the associated costs. County Parks anticipates receiving this information in the next 2-3 weeks.