NOTE: The Energy Assistance Program is no longer accepting new applications for the 2020-2021 Program Season, unless your heat has been turned off.
The Energy Assistance Program provides a one-time per heating season assistance in paying the heat bill for eligible households. Benefits of the Energy Assistance Program include:
- The program helps with all heat fuel types (oil, natural gas, wood, propane, and electric).
- The program provides grants ranging from $100 to $1000 (depending on income, household size, type of housing, and heat bill)
- The program provides some heating system repairs for applicant owner
The Snohomish County Energy Assistance program message line is open Monday through Friday, 10:30 am to 2:00 pm, except for County holidays.
The 2021-2022 heating season will open in October for Gas Assistance and in November for PUD and all other heating sources. If you need assistance or if you require an interpreter, let us know. Assistance will be provided at no cost.
There are three Energy Assistance Program components. They are:
- The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) usually opens around November 15th (depending on the availability of funding) and closes when funds are spent, usually around September 1st. This component helps with all fuel types and has a maximum benefit of $1,000.
- The Puget Sound Energy HELP program is usually open from October 1 to September 30 and has a maximum benefit of $1,000.
- The Cascade Natural Gas Washington Energy Assistance Fund (WEAF) program is usually open from October 1 to September 30 and has a maximum benefit of $500.
Applicants who have applied for this season will be contacted by phone, email, or mail after we have reviewed your application. For those who have received an overdue bill and/or disconnect notice, please call your Utility provider to determine if you qualify for other assistance.
As of August 21, 2021, we are no longer accepting new applications for the 2020-2021 heating season unless your heat has been turned off. We will reopen in October for the PSE and CNG program and in November for LIHEAP that includes PUD, PSE, CNG, Wood, Oil, Gas, and Propane.
For Utility Assistance, please contact Workforce Snohomish by phone at (425) 300-6006 or by email at email@example.com.
Power Shut Off
If your utilities have been shut off, please call our phone line at (425) 388-3880 so we can determine your eligibility as soon as possible. Our phone lines are open Monday through Friday 10:30 am to 2:00 pm , except County holidays.
If you received an overdue bill and/or disconnect notice, please call your heating provider to determine if you qualify for other assistance while you are waiting to apply for our programs.
Please be safe and stay healthy!
Please call our Energy Line at (425) 388-3880 for current Energy Assistance Program information and updates.