The Energy Assistance Office is open as of October 3, 2022 , some processes may still be handled remotely.
Available services are described below.
Announcements & Program Updates
UPDATE: As of June 9, 2023:
**Please Note: We have no more air conditioning units to distribute for the remainder of this season**
We are only accepting LIHEAP Crisis, PSE, CNG and LIHWAP applications. Specifically for those households with no heat, no PUD, no water, or sewer and those who are scheduled for a shut off from their utility company.
For applications that have been received by our office, it may take 12 to 16 weeks for processing your application.
Our office will be open to assist applicants in person, with hours Monday thru Thursday from 9:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. and 1:00 P.M. to 3:30 P.M. You can call 425-388-3880 to apply by phone, or apply online 24/7 by a link located at the bottom of this page.
Please note our programs have higher income limits this season and we can now offer assistance with water and sewer bills!
The Energy Assistance Program provides a one-time per heating season assistance in paying the heat bill for eligible households. Benefits of the Energy Assistance Program include:
- The program helps with all heat fuel types (oil, natural gas, wood, propane, and electric).
- The program provides grants ranging from $200 to $2,500 (depending on income, household size, type of housing, and heat bill)
- The program provides some heating system repairs for applicant owner
- Water & Sewer assistance for eligible clients (see Water/Sewer Assistance Program web page)
- Air Conditioners provided to recipients of a LIHEAP grant - based on availability
The Snohomish County Energy Assistance office is open 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, the phone line is open Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm, except for County holidays.
Representatives will be available from 9:30 am - 11:30 am and 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm, Monday through Thursday excluding County holidays.
There are three Energy Assistance Program components. They are:
- The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps with all fuel types and has a maximum benefit of $2,500. Program guidelines for the new season are at 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
- The Puget Sound Energy HELP program helps with PSE clients only and provides a maximum benefit of $1,000. Program guidelines for the new season are at 80% of AMI (Area Median Income)
- The Cascade Natural Gas Washington Energy Assistance Fund (WEAF) has a maximum benefit of $625. Program guidelines for the new season are at 80% of AMI (Area Median Income).
For Phone Interviews
The Energy Assistance Office is open to assist LIHEAP Crisis clients, PSE, CNG and LIHWAP applications.
We are open Monday thru Thursday, 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM except for legal holidays. We are closed during breaks & lunch.
If your heat, PUD, water, or sewer has been shut off or will be disconnected, you may apply by phone by calling 425-388-3880 to speak with a program representative.
Note: If you have a disconnection notice, your power, water or sewer is off you can come into the office to start a crisis application.
To Apply Online
*ONLINE APPLICATION IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PSE HELP, CNG & LIHEAP CRISIS AND LIHWAP *
You may now apply online for Energy Assistance if you reside in Snohomish County. Submit a secure online application and upload documents. All information is confidential and used only to determine eligibility.
Power Shut Off
If your utilities have been shut off, please call our phone line at 425-388-3880 so we can determine your eligibility as soon as possible. Our phone lines are open Monday through Friday 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, except County holidays.
If you received an overdue bill and/or disconnect notice, please call your heating provider to determine if you qualify for other assistance while you are waiting to apply for our programs.
Please be safe and stay healthy!
For the 2022-2023 heating season we are providing additional grants for past due balances under our LIHEAP Program.
- Additional hardship benefits up to $500 - staff will determine if applicable
- Arrearage benefits up to $2,500
- Water and Sewer assistance up to $2,500
- Portable Air Conditioners - No more units are available for this season.
To learn more on how to conserve your energy usage, please visit: www.snopud.com, www.pse.com, or your utility provider's website for information.
Please call our Energy Line at 425-388-3880 for current Energy Assistance Program information and updates.