The Human Services Office is closed until further notice.
Energy Assistance Customers:If you have an appointment with us, we will call you at the number listed on your application at the time of the appointment to complete your application.
Beginning January 5, 2021, the Energy Assistance Program will only accept applications from clients who have PSE as their heating source and those clients with no heat. Please call (425) 388-3880 to leave a message for an application to be sent to you. The phone line is available Monday thru Friday between the hours of 9 am to 4 pm.
Applicants wanting help with their electric, propane, pellets, oil, and gas will need to wait until we reopen the program.
Note: If you have received a DISCONNECT NOTICE, we have been informed you will not be shut off. Please contact your heating provider to discuss any concerns.
The Snohomish County Energy Assistance program phone Lines are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, except for County holidays to leave a message for an application to be sent to you if your heating source is PSE or if the power has been shut off.
The Energy Assistance Program provides a one-time per heating season assistance in paying the heat bill for eligible households. Benefits of the Energy Assistance Program include:
- The program helps with all heat fuel types (oil, natural gas, wood, propane, and electric).
- The program provides grants ranging from $100 to $1000 (depending on income, household size, type of housing, and heat bill)
- The program provides some heating system repairs for applicant owner
There are three Energy Assistance Program components. They are:
- The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) usually opens around November 15th (depending on the availability of funding) and closes when funds are spent, usually around July 15th. This component helps with all fuel types and has a maximum benefit of $1,000.
- The Puget Sound Energy HELP program is usually open from October 1 to September 30 and has a maximum benefit of $1,000.
- The Cascade Natural Gas Washington Energy Assistance Fund (WEAF) program is usually open from October 1 to September 30 and has a maximum benefit of $500.
Power Shut Off
According to the moratorium that is in place for utilities, we have been informed that customers will not be disconnected. If your utilities have been shut off, please call our phone line at (425) 388-3880 to leave a message for an application to be sent to you.
Our phone lines are open Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm , except County holidays.
If you received an overdue bill and/or disconnect notice, please call your heating provider to determine if you qualify for other assistance while you are waiting to apply for our programs.
Please be safe and stay healthy!
New for the 2020-2021 heating season: To determine if you qualify, please call the Energy Line at (425) 388-3880. Our phone lines are open Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, except County holidays.
Please call our Energy Line at (425) 388-3880 for current Energy Assistance Program information and updates.