Courthouse Facilitator


    The Clerk’s Office continues to provide online, phone and mail in filing services Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Clerk services are detailed by clicking on VIEW ALL. View All...
  1. Electronic (E-Filing) Announcement

    Recently information on the new Local Court Rule for E-Filing was published with an effective date of July 31, 2020...The Clerk’s Office is currently in the testing phase and we anticipate having E-filing implemented by the end of the year. Read on...
View All
Image - Court Forms. How to obtain  Self-help packets.

The Courthouse Facilitator program at Snohomish County Superior Court Clerk’s Office provides assistance to Family Law and Guardianship clients who are not represented by attorneys. This program operates in the Snohomish County Courthouse in Room 1526.

The Clerk’s Office offers a variety of self-help forms packets for purchase, including for divorce, legal separation, invalidity of marriage, modifications of parenting plans or child support and many others. These packets include step-by-step instructions along with the proper forms to proceed with your case. To find which self-help packet to purchase, please see the packet list for a brief description of each packet and the cost. If you are unsure of which packet you need for your family law matter, you can visit the Facilitators during their walk-in hours for assistance. For more information on self-help packets, click on Self Help Forms and Packets below.

About the Courthouse Facilitator Program

How can the Facilitators assist you?

  • Explain how the court process works
  • Explain how to schedule court hearings
  • Review forms for completeness in family law and new guardianship case filings
  • Arrange for an interpreter to help in court
  • Refer to other agencies for extra help that parties may need
  • Calculate child support when provided with income figures for both parties
  • Assist with new guardianship case filings

What the Facilitators cannot do

  • Give legal advice
  • Assist litigants who are represented by an attorney
  • Represent parties in court
  • Fill out your papers for you or tell you how to fill them out
  • Tell the party what to say in court


To make an appointment with a Courthouse facilitator, please call 425-388-3795 and leave a message. A Facilitator will return your call.
Appointments are to review your completed paperwork and explain court procedures. The fee to meet with a Facilitator is $25 per visit. Please pay your fee in the Clerk's office, Room M-206 prior to appearing for your appointment. If you need immediate assistance, this service may not be appropriate for you.

Walk-In Hours

Walk-in hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. These hours are subject to change without notice. The walk-in hours are for quick questions. Forms are not reviewed on a walk-in basis, but by appointment only.

Self-Help Packet Forms

Self Help Packet Forms - Image

Self-help packets (PDF) are available for purchase in room M-206 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except legal holidays. Packets are also available for purchase online. Visit and click on "Packet Sales".

Packet prices range from no charge to $35. The Clerk's Office accepts cash, money orders, cashier's checks, and debit and credit cards. Personal checks are not accepted.

Northwest Justice Project has partnered with Washington Law Help to provide self-guided forms where the user can answer interview questions to create completed forms and instructions that are ready for printing out, use and filing.  This option is available for a limited amount of case filing types, however they are consistently working to provide additional resources.

Forms can also be downloaded from the Washington Courts website, but parties are strongly encouraged to purchase the self-help packets to ensure that they get all of the forms along with the instructions that they may need.


Courthouse Facilitators can review completed paperwork for a new Guardianship case filing (appointment required).  If a Guardianship case has already been filed/established and you require assistance, please visit the Guardianship Monitoring Program.  Please visit this page for additional information on Guardianship case filings in Snohomish County.

Helpful Resources