Filing Documents with the Superior Court Clerk

Our filing hours are Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. PST, excluding court holidays. Any paper or electronic documents received outside of these filing hours will be considered received and filed at the beginning of the next business day.

File Electronically

The Snohomish County Clerk’s Office is pleased to announce we will begin accepting electronic filing (e-filing) and electronic service (e-service) of most Superior Court new cases and subsequent documents beginning December 1, 2020.  Please see Snohomish County Local Rule 30 (SCLR 30) for a list of documents that will NOT BE ACCEPTED through e-filing.

Attorneys and self-represented litigants may electronically file (e-file) and electronically serve (e-serve) court  documents using the Clerk’s online
Odyssey File & Serve (OFS) e-filing system pursuant to SCLR 30 and Washington State General Rule 30 (GR 30)It is recommended that the two court rules linked above are read prior to using the Clerk's e-filing system. 

For more information on this service, including how to register to become a user, visit our E-Filing webpage.  

File in person

You can file Superior Court case documents at the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours
If the document requires a filing fee, go directly to the cashier’s counter. 
Documents that don’t require a filing fee may be placed into the Clerk’s filing drop box or given directly to the customer services clerk for filing.

File by mail

You can mail documents to the Clerk’s Office to be filed.  If a filing fee is required, include the appropriate payment.  The clerk accepts payment in the form of a business check or money order made payable to Snohomish County Clerk; personal checks are not accepted. 
For a “received” stamped copy of your filed document, include a self-addressed stamped envelope and an extra copy of the document(s).

Ex Parte via the Clerk

Ex Parte via the Clerk is a mail-in service where attorneys and pro-se litigants can submit select matters to be presented to the appropriate judge or commissioner by the Ex Parte Clerk. For more information on this service visit our Ex Parte via the Clerk webpage.