Join Our Team
It is an exciting time to work for Snohomish County Public Works! We are a progressive, high performing organization, committed to quality. Join our award-winning team and grow your career while helping to build a better community. We offer an environment where innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement are highly encouraged and supported. We are invested in your success and growth along with offering competitive wages and benefits.
- Learn more about Public Works and view our annual reports.
Public Works has a wide variety of career opportunities available. We hire engineers, engineering technicians, construction inspectors, electricians, drainage specialists, scientists, laborers, technology and records specialists, biologists, planners, administrative and accounting specialists, and much more.
For complete benefit details, see our Human Resources web page. Some highlights of the benefits offered include:
- Flexible work schedules for many positions
- Sick leave: 8 hours of sick leave accrued per month
- Vacation Leave: 6.7 hours of vacation accrued each month; leave accruals increase based on your years of employment with the county
- Holiday Pay: 11 paid legal holidays per year plus two floating holidays annually
- Pensions: Eligible for Washington State PERS enrollment
- Other Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, deferred compensation and more