Report an Animal Incident

Our service area is limited to 
unincorporated outside of city or town limits
Snohomish County. Most cities have their own animal services agencies. 

Click the map below to find your service area.

Screenshot of map tool

Snohomish County Animal Control Officers respond to complaints and investigate cases in unincorporated Snohomish County associated with:

  • Dangerous dogs
  • Animal cruelty or neglect
  • Dog bites or attacks
  • Stray and abandoned animals
  • Sick or injured animals
  • Livestock at large
  • Nuisances such as barking or off-leash dogs (learn more about reporting nuisances)

If a person or animal is injured or in threat of imminent harm, call 911. There is no need to contact Animal Services after calling 911; we coordinate animal-related response and follow up with the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.


Completing the online Animal Complaint form is the easiest and fastest way to submit your complaint. Be as thorough as possible in your description of the incident, where it occurred, and the animals and persons involved.

By Phone

Call Animal Services at 425-388-3440. Please note that calls received after business hours, on weekends, or on holidays will be returned the next business day.

Our dispatch staff will take your complaint and open a case. If they need additional information, they may contact you again. Cases are prioritized and assigned to Animal Control Officers in the field for investigation.