Search Recorded Documents
The Recording Division has land records, plats and surveys, and marriage certificates going back to the 1860s. Most documents recorded since July 1976 are available online.
Below are the methods for searching recorded documents and requesting unofficial or certified copies.
To submit a public records request for other county records, visit the Public Records page.
You may directly view and print watermarked, unofficial copies online. Unofficial copies without a watermark and official certified copies are also available to purchase. (Copy fees)
1. Click the ’Search Online’ button above
2. Select the type of search you want and accept the disclaimer
Our records search system allows you to search by any of the following categories:
- Document type
- Book and page number
- Parcel ID
- Recording date
- Recording number or ARN
- Legal description
3. Enter your search parameters and click submit
- Search by Name: Enter a name in "Last Name", "First Name" format. Example: Doe, John.
- Search by Parcel: Enter the first ten digits of the parcel ID in the "Parcel ID" field. If you do not know the parcel ID, first visit the Snohomish County Assessor’s Parcel Viewer and find the parcel ID by searching for the property address.
- Click the ’Legal’ search to find surveys, plats, and condos.
4. View results
Click on any document in the search results to view information about the document and a preview. If the document contains sensitive personal information, such as a social security number, you may only see the listing and not the actual document.
To purchase a copy:
5. Log in or register a new account
Click "Log In" in the upper right corner of the screen. You may log into an existing account, or create a new one.
6. Add the document to your shopping cart
When you have a document image open, click the 'Add to Cart' button. You can add as many documents as you want to your cart.
7. Check out
Select certified or uncertified copies and check out. Uncertified copies will be immediately available to print, while certified copies will be mailed within five business days.
Note: Certified copies must be mailed to preserve the official seal. Please include your mailing address in your order.
Payment methods accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, or eCheck.
You may submit a request for a recorded document search over the phone by calling 425-388-3483.
Staff will take your request, perform the recorded document search, and then contact you to pay for copies using a credit card.
We may charge a search fee of $8/hour for documents recorded before 1976 or when significant staff time is required.
You may submit a request for copies of recorded documents by mail.
- Complete a Records Search by Mail (PDF) form.
- Included exact payment by check, money order, or cashier’s check. If you are unsure of the exact amount, you may submit a check for a "not to exceed" amount.
- Submit to:
Snohomish County Auditor’s Office - Recording Division
3000 Rockefeller Ave M/S 204
Everett, WA 98201
We may charge an additional search fee of $8/hour for documents recorded before 1976 or when significant staff time is required.The Recording Division is unable to provide change for recorded document searches by mail.
You may view all recorded documents available to the public at the Snohomish County Customer Service Center.
Documents recorded before 1976 are available on microfilm. All other records are available on public computer terminals.
Recording staff are available to assist customers with their searches and take payment for copies.