Person Centered Planning
Person Centered planning is a facilitated process that supports a person to achieve their dreams. It is a tool to celebrate where a person has been, where they are and where they want to go.
Check out some new helpful Person Centered Planning videos produced by DDA Roads to Community Living:
- Conversation with families: https://youtu.be/XXqbheQ9cj4
- Reid’s Story: https://youtu.be/OnOC0Ud31qg
- Dylan’s Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52hzfKIgnQ
Click the topics below to to learn more about Person Centered Planning.
The planning process is designed for people who want clearly identified goals and the support to implement them. Facilitators accomplish this by meeting with the focal person, their family and other key people to develop a personalized plan based on individual’s skills, interests and dreams of the future.
Our Planning process is designed for people who are:
- Looking for a job that matches your skills and interests
- May want to make a career change
- Exploring options to develop relationships and connect in your community
- Students starting to figure out their career path
Person Centered Planning Supports:
- Developing a clear path to the future
- Supporting your dreams
- Identifying your gifts
- Finding your focus
- Achieving greater clarity in your life
Person Centered Planning 5-Step Process:
- The Facilitator identifies outcomes and designs the process
- The individual shares their story and explores the purpose of their life
- The Facilitator completes the picture of the individual's life map
- The Facilitator meets again to check the progress and develop next steps
- One year check in to fill out a survey with the Facilitator
- Lives in Snohomish County
- Enrolled in the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)
- Referral is submitted by an Employment Provider, an Educator, or a DDA Case Manager
- Referral approved by Snohomish County Developmental Disabilities
- Individual needs to be working towards their employment goal or exploring ways to be in their community
- If you meet eligibility listed above, ask your Employment Provider, your educator, or your DDA Case Manager to complete the referral form: Person Centered Planning Referral Form (PDF), or fill out the online referral form.
- Choose a Person Centered Planning Facilitator to work with. Learn more on our Qualified Facilitators page.
- Submit Referral for Approval to S2W@snoco.org
- Snohomish County - Person Centered Planning Flyer (PDF)
- Snohomish County Person Centered Planning Referral Form (PDF)
- DDA - What does a Person Centered Plan Facilitator Do? (PDF)
- DSHS - Person Centered Practices and Support (PDF)
- Informing Families - Person Centered Planning
- Charting the LifeCourse - Experiences and Questions Booklet (PDF)
- Charting the LifeCourse Nexus - Integrated Supports for a Good Life