164th St SW Overlay/Paving Project
Snohomish County Public Works is scheduled to overlay 164th St SW from Spruce Way to Ash Way during summer and fall of 2023. The overlay will preserve the pavement and make for a smoother driving surface for motorists. This project will extend the useful life of the roadway by grinding away the existing top layer, performing pavement repair, and then overlaying the asphalt. It will also upgrade pedestrian facilities with ADA compliant curb ramps and install conduit for future Accessible Pedestrian Signals (APS) installation.
Work is anticipated to take place between May and October 2023.
- At least one lane will remain open in each direction
- Night construction will occur between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Access to businesses and sidewalks will be maintained
The 164th St SW overlay is federally funded through:
- National Highway Freight Program Grant - $327K
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration grant - $2.4M
- Cost: $2.6 million for construction
Snohomish County Public Works held a five project Lynnwood area open house on Oct. 12, 2022. This project was among those featured. Below are documents available at the meeting: