Damson Rd Sidewalk Extension (Hilltop Elementary)
November 2023 Update
The construction of a new sidewalk in front of Hilltop Elementary School on Damson Road in Lynnwood is scheduled to start in late November. The updated timeline has crews finishing the project before the end of the year, but the work is weather dependent. Work hours have been chosen to lessen the impact to students, families, and staff at Hilltop Elementary. Access to the school will remain open throughout construction.
Snohomish County Public Works will construct a five-foot wide sidewalk to fill the gap on the east side of Damson Road in front of Hilltop Elementary School in Lynnwood. Crews will remove any obstructions in the pedestrian route to construct an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant sidewalk. A five-foot wide planter strip, curb, gutter, and updated ADA ramps will also be installed.
This project will provide a continuous pedestrian facility along Damson Rd near Hilltop Elementary. Snohomish County completed two other sidewalk gap projects in the area: Damson Rd Sidewalk Extension North of Hilltop Fire Station (2021) and Damson Rd Sidewalk Hilltop Fire Station (2018).
Construction is expected to take place between October and December 2023. Work hours have been scheduled to minimize impacts to Hilltop Elementary.
- When school is NOT in session, crews will be working Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- When school IS in session, work will suspend during these student drop off and pickup times:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:20 a.m. to 9 a.m., and 2:30 p.m. to 3:10 pm
- Friday: 8:20 a.m. to 9 a.m., and 1:25 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- During the week of October 23, work will suspend from 8:20 a.m. to 9 a.m., and 11:20 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- During construction hours, drivers on Damson Rd should expect minimal delays due to single-lane closures.
Land Disturbing Activity (LDA) Permit
The project is funded by a Transportation Improvement Board (TIB) grant and county Road Fund.