Recorded Document Notification System
Snohomish County provides this free voluntary recording activity notification system to alert you when a document containing your name or parcel number is recorded.
Signing up for Notifications:
- Enter your registration information (name and tax parcel number) and click the send confirmation email button.
To find your tax parcel number:
- Go to the Snohomish County Assessor website by clicking here .
- Using the Property Summary Search tool in the upper-left corner, enter your house number and street name (or street number) and then click the search button.
- A new page showing your parcel number will open up in a new tab. Multiple parcel numbers will be listed if you live in a condominium or townhouse. Make sure to choose the parcel number that corresponds to your individual unit.
- Within 10 minutes of submitting your registration information you should receive a confirmation email titled "Recording Activity Notification Verification Creation from Snohomish County." If you do not receive the email, check your spam/junk folder. We recommend designating email@example.com as a safe sender to ensure you receive future notifications.
- In the body of the email click the “click here” button to activate your registration.
- You will receive an additional email confirming that you will receive alerts for the name & assessor tax parcel numbers included in your registration.
- It is recommended that you create a profile for all variations of your name as well as any other names associated with your property.
- If a document matching your settings is recorded, an email notification titled, "Snohomish County Recorded Document Notification" will be sent to you. The email will include the document type, the date and time it was recorded, the recording number of the document and directions to find the document using the county's online record search.
Editing and Removing Notifications:
- To edit or remove your notification information, you first must unregister from notifications under the current name or assessor parcel number and register with the new information. Click on the “click here” button to unregister from notifications.
- Enter your registration (names and/or tax parcel numbers) information exactly as originally submitted and click “Unregister from recording activity notification.”
- You will receive an email titled “Verification Removal from Snohomish County.”
- In the body of the email click the “click here” button for each registered name to unregister from alerts.
- You will receive an additional email confirming that the name you entered has been removed from the notification system.
|DISCLAIMER - The County makes no representation regarding the completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of the notification system or that the information and data contained therein will be error-free. This system does not guarantee, or claim to guarantee, protection against fraud. The system simply provides notification of new recordings to you so that you may make informed decisions regarding your property. Snohomish County may terminate this system, or any individual subscription, at any time without notification. By registering for this system, you understand that the information you provide may be subject to Washington’s public disclosure act, chapter 42.56 RCW.|