Effective November 4, 2019: Professional contact visit times for inmates requiring a multiple deputy escort (2-deputy detail, 3-deputy detail, etc.) will be limited to 8:30 am-10:00 am and 2:00 pm-6:00 pm. Exceptions to this will be considered on a case-by-case basis only by the Shift Lieutenant or their designee.
Effective January 1, 2019: Inmates will only be permitted to have social video visits during scheduled time out of their cells. An inmate’s time out of their cell schedule is different for most jail housing units and often changes for operational or security reasons. Each inmate is responsible for communicating to their visitors when their scheduled time out of their cell will be. Jail staff will not provide this information to the public. All visits are a maximum of 30 minutes in length.
Professional visitors will, in most cases, be provided access to remote video visiting outside of the inmate’s scheduled time out. Prior to beginning a video visit, the professional visitor must contact the Video Visit Deputy in person or by phone to request the visit. This video visit deputy will coordinate the visit with the module deputy where the inmate is assigned. On occasion, these visits may not be able to be accommodated due to a facility operational or security reason.
How to Schedule Social Visits - Family and Friends
Family and friends of inmates at the Snohomish County Jail must now register online to schedule inmate visits. A valid email address is required to register. Once registration is complete, visitors may quickly and easily schedule visits, receive email confirmation of the visits, and notification ahead of time if the inmate is unable to attend a scheduled visit. All social inmate visits are done remotely; social contact visits are not allowed.
Legal representatives (attorneys, paralegals, interpreters), law enforcement officials, medical personnel, social workers, and others who need to schedule time to visit an inmate for professional purposes have two options:
1. Contact Visits: Contact visits will be granted only for approved professional visitors. To schedule a professional contact visit, please email the Professional Visit Request Form (PDF) to the inmate visitation division at least 4 hours in advance of the requested visit time. NOTE: Please see top of this page for change to visit hours for inmates requiring multiple-deputy escort.
If you have not been previously cleared as a professional visitor at this facility you will be contacted and asked to provide additional information before your contact visit is approved.
2. Video Visits: Professional visitors who wish to visit an inmate using the video system will use the same online system described above for social visits.
Lobby Video Visitation
On-site video visitation at the Snohomish County Jail is temporarily closed until further notice.
All visitors are asked to check in at the video visitation desk in the reception area of the jail at 3025 Oakes Ave, Everett., at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled visit start time. No visits will be extended to accommodate late arrivals.
Visitor cancelled visits: Visits must be cancelled online at least 24 hours in advance of the visit. Failure to attend a visit without cancelling it at least 24 hours ahead of time will still count as one of the inmates allowed visits for the week.
Jail cancelled visits: Visits are subject to change or cancellation based on operational needs and inmate movement within the jail. For example, if an inmate is moved to a new housing unit their visit may need to be rescheduled in their new unit. Every effort will be made to try and accommodate previously scheduled visits; however this may not always be possible. Visitors will be notified by email ahead of time if their visit has been cancelled.
Visitor Information, Rules & Requirements
- Visitors must have a valid picture ID before they will be allowed to visit. This includes a driver’s license with picture identification, passport, military ID, or other verifiable picture ID. Children must have a valid State-issued birth certificate in order to visit (a Certificate of Live Birth issued by a medical facility will not be accepted).
- Please fill out visitor slip completely before going to the visitation desk.
- You may only visit the inmate you have signed up to see.
- Wait at the sign for the Visitation Deputy to call you forward. Please do not stand around the counter while waiting.
- Anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be allowed to visit.
- No pets are allowed inside the building. Service animals specifically trained to aid a person with a disability are welcome.
- Reception staff will not take any written or verbal messages to inmates.
- Mail will not be accepted over the counter for inmates. All inmate mail must be sent through the U.S. Postal Service (or other postal carrier such as UPS or FedEx).
- All visitors must wear appropriate clothing including shoes and shirts. Staff, at their discretion, may refuse a visit due to inappropriate dress or conduct while visiting.
- Please, no loitering around the building before or after your visit.
- All visitors must go through the metal detector.
- Snohomish County prohibits discrimination or harassment of staff and inmates based upon sex, race, age, religion, ethnic background, or disability.
- Only two (2) adults and/or children are allowed in the visiting booths at one time. This is for your comfort as well as your safety.
- No purses, packages, etc., are allowed in the visiting area or secure area of the Jail. Food and drink are prohibited in the visiting area.
- No weapons (i.e., guns, knives, etc.) are allowed in the facility.
- Reception staff will not look after personal property and are not responsible for any lost or stolen articles (including articles placed in lockers). Keep all personal property in your vehicle or in a public locker located in the reception lobby.
- Anyone damaging county property will be subject to criminal charges and their visit will be stopped.
- All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian during visiting. Children under 18 are not required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian if they are the son, daughter, brother or sister of the inmate being visited; however they must still be supervised by an adult.
- Anyone attempting to bring or introduce contraband into the jail will be arrested and prosecuted under RCW 9A.76 (Introducing Contraband I, II, and III). The penalty, if convicted, ranges from three (3) months in jail to twelve (12) years in prison depending on severity and if you have a criminal record.