Seattle Hill Road
Description - Completed 2018
Snohomish County re-opened Seattle Hill Rd on August 25, 2018. The project stretched from 132nd St SE to 35th Ave SE. There will be some minor center-lane closures as utilities are adjusted for the new road elevation in September. Final landscaping will also occur later in September when weather is more favorable for planting.
Project details included:
- Widen the road to three lanes including a center turn lane
- Add bike lanes, curbs and sidewalks
- Vicinity Map
- Roadway Cross Section
- Bioretention Cross Section
- Project Map - North Section
- Project Map - South Section
- Aerial Photo - Seattle Hill Road: 35th Ave to 142nd St SE
- Aerial Photo - Seattle Hill Road: 142nd St SE to 132nd St SE
- August 25, 2018 – Road was re-opened.
- April 10, 2017 – Roadway construction began at the south end of the project. The work is scheduled to continue through the summer of 2018.
- 2016 to 2017 – Puget Sound Energy (PSE), Silver Lake Water District, BP, and Snohomish PUD scheduled to move necessary utilities to accommodate widening of the road.
- 2013 – Environmental review
- Feb. 28, 2013 – Public open house at Mill Creek Elementary
The construction cost for this project is approximately $8 million. Approximately 44 percent of the construction cost is from Federal Surface Transportation funding, distributed by the Puget Sound Regional Council. An additional 44 percent is funded by the Washington State Transportation Improvement Board. The remaining construction funding is provided by the city of Mill Creek and Snohomish County.
Such funding speaks to the significance the project will have on the improvement of vehicular and pedestrian safety and congestion in the area.
An environmental review of this project was completed in compliance with the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA). The SEPA documents can be reviewed below. The comment period for this project closed on April 7, 2013. If you have questions please contact Mary Auld at 425-262-2460, via email, or by mail: Mary Auld, Snohomish County Public Works, 3000 Rockefeller M/S 607, Everett, WA 98201
- Environmental Checklist and Determination of Nonsignificance (DNS)
- Postcard Notice of Land Disturbing Activity (Formerly Grading Permit) and SEPA DNS
- Accident history
- Critical area regulations (CAR)
- Design standards
- Information that residents provide about the area
- Location of homes and public right-of-way
- Location of utilities @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Sight distance
- Soil compaction
- Traffic volumes
- Wetlands, stormwater runoff, drainage, and water quality @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Snohomish County Public Works held a public meeting on February 23, 2017 to discuss three projects in this area. The projects were Seattle Hill Rd, 35th Ave SE, and 156th St SE. Staff was available to answer questions about the construction on Seattle Hill Rd, review proposed road improvements to the section of 35th Ave SE, and gather feedback on potential designs for the 156th St SE project.
Other Projects in the Area
In addition to the Seattle Hill Road project, the county is working on improvements to other nearby corridors including: