Snohomish County Council District 4 includes Mill Creek, Bothell, Mountlake Terrace, Brier and parts of unincorporated South Snohomish County. Click here for a map of the 4th district.
Thank you for visiting the District 4 page! I am honored to serve as your representative on the council. Snohomish County is the fastest growing county in all of Washington and is in the top ten for fastest growing counties in the country. While we should be very proud to live in such a desirable region, we must also be diligent in how we plan for all this growth- this has been my main focus since first being elected to public office.
I am committed to ensuring we have a transportation system that flows smoothly, provide our public schools with the resources they need, address our skyrocketing cost of housing and stay focused on public health and safety; and throughout all of these we must be good stewards of our environment so that Snohomish County continues to be a wonderful place to live work and play.
Biography of Jared Mead
Jared and his wife Krystal were both born and raised in South Snohomish County and are proud products of the Everett public school system. They live in Mill Creek with their one-year old son, Kallen.
After graduating from the University of Washington Jared spent some time working in the private sector as a licensed small business and investment banker. He began his career in public service in 2014 when he was appointed to the Planning Commission in Mill Creek and later was elected to the Mill Creek City Council.
In 2018 he was elected to the State House of Representatives in the 44th legislative district which encompasses Mill Creek, Snohomish, Lake Stevens and parts of Marysville. In the State House Jared serves on the Transportation, Environment & Energy and College & Workforce Development committees.
Jared has consistently fought to bring the perspective of future generations into the policy conversations and believes his job in government is to leave the world a better place than he found it.
· Council Law & Justice and Human Services Committee, Chair
· Regional Law & Justice Council, Co-Chair
· Community Transit Board of Directors
· Community Development Block Grant- Policy Advisory Board
· LEOFF 1Disability Board of Directors
· I-405Corridor Board of Directors
· Lake Ballinger Board of Directors
· Northshore Parks & Rec Service Board of Directors
· Snohomish Health District Board of Directors
· Puget Sound Regional Council- Transportation Board
· WA State Assoc. of Counties Federal Legislative Steering Committee