Bereavement Support Services
We wish to express sincere sympathy to you in your loss. We recognize that the loss of a loved one brings deep sorrow. It is our hope that we can help ease your burden in some small way by providing information for non-profit bereavement support groups that may be helpful to you now and in the coming weeks. Additionally, please consider accessing resources and referrals available through your primary care physician, health insurance provider or faith/religious based group.
This list is meant for your convenience only. It is not meant to be comprehensive. The inclusion or exclusion of any entity does not constitute an endorsement nor signify disapproval by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office. The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office does not assume responsibility for the quality of service provided by any entity on this list. For a more comprehensive list of support services, please visit the Washington Information Network 2-1-1 website and search for 'support groups'.
If you are a non-profit bereavement support group with services available in Snohomish County and would like to be added to this page please contact our office.
Drug & Alcohol Death Resources
Celebrating Lost Loved Ones - National Safety Council Interactive Opioid Epidemic Map
- This interactive map allows family members to post memorials of loved ones lost opioid overdoses.
Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing (GRASP)
- GRASP was created to offer understanding, compassion, and support for those who have lost someone they love through addiction and overdose.
- NISSA offers information and bereavement services for families who have experienced the loss of an infant.
- (206) 548-9290 or (800) 533-0376
Parent Support (P.S.) of Puget Sound
- P.S. of Puget sound is a local support group run by parents who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth or SIDS.
- (425) 686-9451 (Voicemail only. Messages returned within two business days)
Suicide Bereavement Resources
Survivors of Suicide Loss (SOSL) Support Group
- A monthly, specific grief support group for those who have lost someone from suicide.
- Meetings held on the fourth Thursday of each month at the Stanwood Library in Stanwood, WA.
- (425) 622-3313 (Angie Drake)
Swedish Edmonds - Survivors of Suicide Support Group
- Eight-week group for family members and friends who have lost loved ones to suicide. Hosted by Swedish Medical Center.
- (425) 640-4404
Traumatic/Sudden Loss Support Services
Swedish Edmonds - Traumatic Loss Support Group
- This eight week group is for those who have experienced a loss that is sudden and traumatic (car accident, drowning, etc).
- (425) 640-4404
Victim Support Services
- Longest running victim advocacy agency in Washington state. Offers services free of charge to victims of crimes, such as homicide, vehicular homicide, and elder abuse/neglect.
- (888) 288-9221