- Your Government
- County Administration
- Human Resources
- Career Information
- Employment Information
- New Employee Information
New Employee Information
Welcome to Snohomish County! You will find some important information on this site to help you prepare for a successful future at Snohomish County.
- Form I-9: You must complete the Form I-9 (PDF) and bring the form and acceptable documentation with you on your first day of work. Acceptable documentation is listed on page 3 of the I-9.
- Form W-4: You must complete the IRS Form W-4 (PDF) and turn in on our first day of work.
- Direct Deposit: If you would like to sign up for Direct Deposit, you must the complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form (PDF) and provide a voided check or deposit slip. Paydays occur on the 7th and 22nd of each month. Turn this form into Payroll on the 4th floor of Admin West. Learn more on the Payroll webpage.
- Retirement: Please complete the DRS Retirement Status Form (PDF) and turn it into Human Resources as soon as possible.
- Emergency Contacts: Please complete the Emergency Contacts Form (PDF) and turn it in to Human Resources as soon as possible.
- Benefits: Regular employees are eligible for a wide range of benefits. Human Resources must receive your benefit application(s) within 30 days from your date of hire. If you are enrolling eligible dependents, you must provide documentation (i.e. marriage/birth certificates) with your application(s). Review the New Employee Benefits Enrollment Checklist (PDF) and the Benefits webpage to learn about benefits that you may choose from and to begin the enrollment process.
New Employee Orientation
Learn how to prepare for New Employee Orientation.
You may park in the County Parking Garage, which is located on Oakes Avenue between Wall Street and Pacific Avenue. There are also several surface lots nearby. Visit the Parking Garage webpage to learn more.
All employees of Snohomish County must wear and display their identification badge. Your department will coordinate a photograph and access request. A badge will then be created for you and you should receive it within the first week of employment.
- You will also receive a keyless entry access card, which will allow you to enter certain County facilities.
- If you choose to pay for monthly parking in the County Parking Garage, the access card will also serve as your garage access card.