Veterans Housing Assistance
2011 Request For Proposals (RFP)
The Snohomish County Human Services Department is requesting proposals for the purchase of county-owned real property described to be developed for multifamily housing for veterans and/or veterans and their families. The real property shall be used and restricted as affordable housing for a period of 40 years.
The purpose of the project is to provide transitional housing rather than permanent supportive housing. The successful proposal will include supportive services to meet the needs of veterans with mental health, chemical dependency, and substance abuse issues. The supportive serves are to be arranged in cooperation with Snohomish County, in conjunction with the operation of the housing.
Snohomish County seeks a developer and development team that can bring creative, innovative, low-cost solutions for design, construction, financing, and operation of safe and affordable supportive housing for veterans. The county is open to proposals that consider alternative building types including modular, pre-fabricated, and uncommon use of materials and techniques.
Snohomish County encourages both nonprofit and for profit developers to produce income-targeted, supportive housing units specifically for veterans and/or veterans and their families. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to carry out the proposed activity and will be evaluated on development and operating experience, administrative capacity, and financial capacity and management.
- Announcements for October 19, 2011
- Corrections to the interview and award dates: the original announcement indicated the Interview date would be Friday, December 2, 2011, and the award would be announced on Friday, December 9, 2011. These dates have been corrected below and are not consistent with the dates in the RFP itself, which are December 19, and December 21, respectively.
- Correction to the complete RFP document: The Sales Tax Interim Loan Program document, Attachment I of the RFP, was inadvertently omitted from the complete RFP document file. It has been incorporated into that file for download. View the Sales Tax Interim Loan Program document (PDF).
- Additional Information: A right-of-way survey has been incorporated into the Filbert Road Site Documents, Attachment J of the RFP. This is contained in both the complete RFP document (PDF) file and the Filbert Road Site Documents (PDF) file.
- Announcements for November 18, 2011:
- Questions submitted to the County with County responses can be found in Filbert Road RFP Questions and Responses (see update dated November 22, 2011).
- Announcements for November 22, 2011:
- Updated and corrected questions and responses can be found in Updated Filbert Road RFP Questions and Responses (PDF).
Application Submission & Due Date
Complete proposals, including all required attachments, must be received no later than 12 p.m. on Friday, December 9, 2011. Proposal documents are listed below. Snohomish County will evaluate and rate each proposal. The county will convene a review panel (the composition of the panel will be announced at the Mandatory Proposer’s Conference) on Monday, December 19, 2011 (tentative date will be confirmed with interviewees), to hear presentations from proposers. Final awards will then be announced on Wednesday, December 21, 2011.
Proposal evaluations will be based on the criteria listed in the RFP and the overall merit of the proposal submitted. Proposals should be submitted in measurable, realistic terms from a budgetary, technical, and programmatic standpoint. The county reserves the right to reject any or all proposals. Applications can be delivered in person to: The Division of Housing and Community Services at the Snohomish County Human Services Department Receptionist station, on the Lower Level of the Robert Drewel Building (Administration East) Oakes Avenue entrance. View the map of Snohomish County government campus (PDF).
Please do not attempt to deliver to the fourth floor or to the Energy Assistance receptionist. Hand-delivered proposals will not be accepted at any county location other than the Snohomish County Human Services Department as described above.
Mailed applications (applicants are strongly encouraged to mail early to avoid missing the deadline) can be sent to:
Division of Housing and Community Services
Snohomish County Human Services Department
Attention: Mary Jane Brell-Vujovic, Division Manager
3000 Rockefeller Ave., M/S 305
Everett, WA 98201-4046
Completed Proposals must consist of the items outlined in Section V. Proposal Requirements of the RFP. All submissions shall include the entire response to this request for proposal and any addenda if issued. Proposals received after the above cited date and time shall be considered a late proposal and will be returned unopened.
Proposal submission envelopes / packages must be clearly marked "Veterans Housing Assistance 2011 Request for Proposals,” and clearly state the name of the proposing organization. Envelopes / packages containing proposals shall be marked with name of the individual / firm and submittal deadline.
Technical Assistance & Pre-Application Meetings
A Mandatory Proposers’ Conference will be held Tuesday, October 18, 2011, from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Conference Room 6A02, Sixth Floor, Snohomish County Robert J. Drewel Building, 3000 Rockefeller Avenue, in Everett. The purpose of this conference will be to explain the RFP process and answer general informational questions. All prospective proposers must attend in order to submit a proposal. Proposals submitted by anyone not present at the Proposer’s Conference will be returned unopened. A written summary of the questions and answers arising from this conference will be available on Friday, October 28, 2011.
For your convenience, the 2011 Proposal Checklist ensures you include all required documentation for your proposal.
Download the complete Veterans Housing Assistance 2011 Request for Proposals (PDF) (updated October 19, 2011). This file contains all the attachments and is a large document. The individual documents and attachments are listed below. All documents are in PDF format.
- Veterans Housing Assistance 2011 Request for Proposals (PDF)
- Basic Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Purchase and Sale Agreement (PDF)
- Deed Restriction Agreement (PDF)
- Development Agreement (PDF)
- Statutory Warranty Deed (PDF)
- Deed of Trust (PDF)
- Promissory Note (PDF)
- Sales Tax Interim Loan Program (PDF)
- Filbert Road Site Documents (PDF) (updated October 19, 2011)
- Evaluation Criteria (PDF)
- Certifications (PDF)
- Claim of Exemption of Information from Public Disclosure (PDF)
For additional information, please email Housing and Community Services Division Manager Mary Jane Brell-Vujovic at 425-388-7116.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to provide the text of this proposed amendment in an alternate format upon request. Snohomish County facilities are accessible and the county strives to provide access to all members of the public. Sign-language interpreters, large print, and audiotape are available upon request.
Foreign language interpreters are also available upon request where a substantial number of non-English speaking residents can reasonably be expected to participate. Please notify the contact persons above at least one week in advance if accommodations are required.